“Best fishing day ever”
Review of Kingbird Charters

Kingbird Charters
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Had a wonderful mornings fishing with Craig and Greg. Greg was on the wheel and Craig looked after the tackle. Both experts-very professional men. Made me feel very welcome and taught me a lot. As an Irish angler, I would never have fished for these species so was thrilled to catch a bonito and a large black fin tuna. Craig and Greg are two very skilled anglers. A truly amazing time- would highly recommend them.

All reviews
"crew"
in 9 reviews
"excitement"

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband has been fishing with Craig for years and wouldn't consider fishing with anyone else in the Keys. He had so much fun fishing in the rain one day last week that he arranged for our family of three to go back the next day. I have never done any deep water fishing and wasn't quite sure what I was in for, but the day and the seas could not have been more perfect.

Craig is truly an expert and absolutely loves what he is doing. He understands exactly how to make the most of your day based on the conditions and my suggestion is that you listen to him. If there is something to be caught, he will find it, filet it, bag it, freeze it and tell you how to best prepare it

Before this trip I wasn't even sure that I could actually enjoy offshore fishing, but I probably had more fun than the rest of the crew and can't wait to fish with Kingbird again. Thank you, Craig for a great time.

2  Thank jesslev12
Reviewed February 3, 2013

6 of us chartered a deep sea fishing expedition with Kingbird and had a great time! These guys worked hard to put us on fish and once they did, whoa! They are very personable along with hard working and knowledgable. We'd definitely book with "Dock" again.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Another week in Key West, and we decided to take the couple accompanying us fishing. Of course we booked with Kingbird again. We are all senior citizens. Not only had it been many, many years since the other couple had fished, but one of them is disabled. Craig and Greg were wonderful. They were very accommodating and made sure everyone was comfortable and having fun. After a slow start with no bites, they pulled all their tricks out, and although other boats had no luck at all, we ended up catching a Yellowtail Snapper, a big Mahi-Mahi, and 2 large Mackerel. As usual, they filleted and bagged the fish, except for the Mackerel, which they sent to be smoked by a talented friend of theirs and we picked up later. They were also generous with restaurant and attraction suggestions, all of which turned out to be great. These guys are consummate fishermen, responsible charter captains, and just nice guys. You can't do better than Kingbird.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Members of our family have done a lot of fishing, both on our own boat and with other fishing guides, and all agreed Greg and Craig provided one of our very best fishing experiences. They knew the water and the weather, and worked hard to put us where the fish were, all the while being friendly and helpful. We kept several mahi, which they filleted and froze for us. We would highly recommend Kingbird Charters (aka Capt Bonez, who comments regularly on tripadvisor).