“Good fishing guides”
Review of Kingbird Charters

Kingbird Charters
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My family and I went out with Greg and Craig for a half day charter. We have experience with both fishing and fishing guides and found them both to be knowledgable and attentive. They tended the lines, kept us informed of the techniques and plan, and filleted the catch for us afterward. Would definitely hire them again the next time we get to the Keys.

All reviews
"crew"
in 9 reviews
"excitement"

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've been fishing for many years and for serval kinds of fish throughout the world. King Bird Charters was, by a long shot, the best private fishing boat charter I've ever been on. I've been out w/ Capt. Craig now on two occasions now. Craig is a pure Salty Dog at heart. Simply the best... but let the pictures speak for themselves. Yes, that's me and my boys w/ a table full of lobster, 35 lb. grouper and multiple Hog Fish. Please don't hesitate to contact me at danccook@me.com if your need a reference. Happy Fishing!!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Got picked up and dropped off at our resort by Greg and had a wonderful day - start to finish. Caught lots of fish, but the best were the two yellowtail snappers that we caught and ate that night. Would def recommend them!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My boyfriend & I arranged a 1/2 day fishing charter with Craig, and it was the highlight of the trip! Craig offered to pick us up in town, and we stopped at a convenience store on the way to grab drinks and snacks (cooler and dry storage on the boat). We then took the boat pretty far out to deep water and started fishing right away. This was our first time fishing in the ocean (we're used to fishing for lake trout), and Craig was very helpful teaching us how to do things right. We ended up catching a ton of yellowtails, a bonito (which we tried out as bait), and a 200 lb lemon shark, which my boyfriend reeled in for 20-30 minutes before Craig was able to touch the leader. Quite a way to end the fishing trip!

When we got back, Craig offered to fillet all of our yellowtail, which was awesome because that made transporting them back home much easier. Craig even shared some lobster tail and mahi mahi that he had caught earlier in the week - can't wait to try it. Next time we are in Key West, we will 100% book another fishing charter with Craig!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2012

On July 4th our party of five went on a fishing charter with Kingbird Charters. The weather and the seas were almost perfect. For most of our group this was a new experience. Captains Craig and Greg were patient, helpful and knowledgeable. They took us just beyond the reef in 80-100 feet of water. They did all the “hard” work so that all we needed to do was catch the fish. In about six hours we caught a bunch of fish, including numerous yellow tail snappers, gray snappers, bonitas, one small strawberry grouper, several grunts, several blue runners, one mutton snapper and one silky shark. We ended up taking home 24 yellow tail snappers, two gray snappers, the mutton snapper and some great memories. Thanks to Captains Craig and Greg for providing excellent service and a wonderful time. We will definitely go fishing with Kingbird Charters again.