“Tavern N Town was exceptional!”
Review of Tavern N Town

Tavern N Town
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavern N Town is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 443 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US 1
Description: Located just off the Grand Lobby of the Marriott Beachside is the Tavern N Town restaurant - where locals go and fast becoming one of Key West's most popular attractions. Here grande surroundings and the simple pleasures of life come together in perfect harmony. And here you will find as many reasons to linger as there are tempting items on our inspired menu. Your choices range from steakhouse favorites to the incomparable seafood bounty that has brought visitors to Key West for generations. Watch as our award winning chefs embellish international favorites with the unique flavors of Old Key West.
Victor, New York
“Tavern N Town was exceptional!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My family vacationed here last week. I was intrigued to read Tavern N Town, the on site restaurant, was considered a top 10 Marriott restaurant nationally; after dining there the first night, I understood why. We continued to dine there every night because we couldn't imagine a more satisfying experience. All the food was superb- from the fresh catch fish to the filet mignon, to the homemade pizza. Desserts were to die for, treat yourself to the flourless chocolate cake with homemade ice cream.
The Tavern N Town servers are obviously well trained on how to provide a consistent, near perfect level of excellent service. Organizational management of this restaurant is outstanding. One of the managers we came to know, Judy, talks to the customers regularly to ensure all went well with their dining experience. Anton, Misha, and Gana (please forgive any misspelled names) all served us beautifully.
Anton carried a Martini filled to the brim, all the way from the bar on the other side of the restaurant, and placed it in front of my husband with a smile.
I would be remiss not to mention we enjoyed the buffet breakfast daily as well....cook to order omelets with an ingenious system I have never seen before: you complete a small order sheet, checking off the ingredients you want for your omelette, leave it with the chefs (it's an open kitchen), then come back for it in a few minutes......not only does this ensure accuracy, but no standing in line waiting for your omelette to be cooked. Bravo!

Visited April 2014

Key West
“Perfect in every way”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Tavern N Town is a class act from beginning to end. We were greeted warmly by a nice young woman. When we started heading to one small table, she asked if we wouldn't be happier at one of the booths. We didn't think they would like two people using a booth set for four, but that was not an issue. Our server Dave was perfect. Since we arrived early, we said we would like to have a drink before ordering. Dave said that was fine. It also happened to be happy hour with BOGO. I swear Dave appeared with my second wine a second before I knew I was ready for it. He didn't hover. He is just a very good waiter. In the next hour the place was filling up. There are several different rooms to suit whatever kind of experience you want. This place just exudes grace and charm from the floor tiles to the ceiling lights and even the silverware. Our meals were also wonderful. I had the prime rib and my husband went with the ribeye. If people around us hadn't been talking they might have heard me purring because I was so happy and content. After our dishes had been cleared Dave told us to stay as long as we wanted. Considering the place was almost completely full, I was surprised by this and truly appreciated it. We also had two managers stop by to chat and make sure we were enjoying ourselves. How often does that happen in 2014?
I have never had a meal like this in a hotel restaurant. I know it is not a tropical atmosphere, which is what many come to our fair island to experience, but Tavern N Town is such a refreshing change from most of the restaurants downtown where they push customers through like cattle, that we were thrilled with this experience. If you have a chance to visit Tavern N Town, don't pass it up. I know we will be returning very soon. My only regret is we waited so long to go there. It made my birthday an absolutely perfect day.

Bellevue
“Best yellowtail fish preparation ever, plus, plus...”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Arriving early evening to the Marriott Key West Beachside Hotel, after a nearly 4 hour drive from Ft. Lauderdale, we decided based upon prior TA reviews, to simply stay in for dinner, and eat at the Tavern N Town. Great decision! Thank you previous TA reviewers!

We ordered drinks in the bar, awaiting just 10 minutes for a table to open up. My Tito's Martini with green olives was solid! Decided to order a grouper conch mini-tacos starter -- two small delightful tacos in corn shells with perfectly cooked chunks of grouper fish and a delightful sauce and pico de gallo that accentuated the flavor. Just the right touch.

I had the Key West Conch Chowder which was tasty, a really nice tomato based thick soup, but not exactly huge amounts of fish (or the fish was ground up sufficiently that I didn't really recognize it). Nonetheless I enjoyed the dish -- not too heavy that it took away from dinner. The toasted garlic slice of bread that accompanied the soup was really good.

My main entrée was a special of the day -- an herbed seared Yellowtail fish, swimming in a delightful tomato cream based sauce. It was a decent portion, sitting atop homemade mashed potatoes and all perfectly cooked, and served piping hot from the kitchen. What a great start to the eating adventure of Key West! I never tried Yellowtail before and wasn't sure what to expect. It's a great Atlantic sweet, flaky fish.

My spouse had the seared chicken served with steamed, garlic green beans all atop some fabulous mushroom risotto. It was a huge portion, and a wonderful dish as well.

We did not order a bottle of wine but noted that the wine markups appear to be fair for a restaurant, and there were numerous inexpensive, high value choices offered on the wine menu.

With no extra room to spare, we passed on dessert but will have to go back sometime to try the Key Lime Pie.

Richmond, Virginia
“Great experience!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Our friends introduced us to Tavern n Town and we all had wonderful meals there tonight and with a locals discount, it was a tremendous value. Nice atmosphere and bar and the service was good as well. We will definitely go back!

Key West, Florida
“Tavern and Town, an upscale happy hour and tapas”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

When in Key West, a nice time can be had a Marriott Beachside Hotel at the Tavern and Town Restaurant. They have a locals special every day until 6:00 pm, any entrée at just $19.95 and they have a happy hour from 5 to 7 every night with drink specials and a small dish (tapas) menu with some really nice combinations. The scallop small dish is excellent.... Get there early if you want a good seat and don't get too close to the front right corner of the bar since they set a duo up there and it can get a bit loud. It's a nice place to take a date, the food is good but it's a bit pricey if you don't take advantage of one of the specials. All around a good value however, nice atmosphere, an open kitchen and pretty classy digs.

1 Thank Stephen L