“Boneyard”
Review of Key West Cemetery

Key West Cemetery
Ranked #45 of 188 things to do in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: A very unusual cemetery - several graves have humorous epitaphs (e.g., "I told you I was sick").
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A nice place to visit, go running in, and salute the dead of the USS Maine at the Memorial right near the main entrance.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,218)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"walk around"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Sounds odd to some, but others understand.. Walking through this cemetery gives me a solemn, peaceful feeling.. It is filled with history and times gone by.. I truly enjoy the time I spend walking through here, and will do it at every visit to Key West, always have.. So no worries, take the time and feel the calm..

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I only gave this an average score because while the sign said it would be open and the gate was open, we weren't allowed to walk around. An interesting cemetery but due to land shifts, it looks to be in disrepair. A lot of overgrown grass and tilted, cracked ground stones (this adds to the eeriness of it all though). I wanted to be able to walk through it to read the epitaphs and did not see the entrance until I had walked the perimeter of it, so I was disappointed that they wouldn't allow me to go in and view. I think it needs some sprucing up and hope they will tidy it soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Not really sure what I was expecting, I got a map but had trouble finding anything on it, After 15 minutes I was done. If you are short on time in the Keys pass this one up