“One of my favorites” 5 of 5 stars

305 292 6718
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 151 things to do in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: A very unusual cemetery - several graves have humorous epitaphs (e.g., "I told you I was sick").
Voorheesville, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Don't miss this. Take the tour if possible. Interesting graves, stories and epitaphs. Loved the pet burials.

Miami Beach, Florida
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 239 helpful votes
“Graves above ground”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I just passed this cemetery on one of the tour buses.

Don't think it is somewhere I would visit, as a cemetery is not of much interest to me.

It is however notable that all graves are above ground due to the geography of the area (not much soil). I think seeing it from a tour bus was enough for me.

Visited December 2012
Stockholm, Sverige
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not as funny as I thought”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had read about this cemetary in my guide book that it had some really funny quotes on the gravestones, like the famous one "I told you I was sick". But we didn't see any other. We got a map at the main entrance. It had some information about the graves of famous Key West-people and a couple of tragically killed people. We had to go further so we didn't had time to go around the whole cemetary. It was a little dissapointing to not find any of the "funny quotes" that we were promised in our book, but at least we got to see a cemetary that seemed to be a typical old one.

White Plains, New York
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Interesting Walkthru!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We rode our bicycles through this cemetery and it was a great experience. In some cases sad because of the age at death of some of its residents.

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“historic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was on a historic trolley tour and this is a place we stopped. It was pretty neat to see the above ground vaults and the grouping of families in these vaults.

Visited July 2012