“Nice walk”
Review of Key West Cemetery

Key West Cemetery
Ranked #30 of 177 things to do in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: A very unusual cemetery - several graves have humorous epitaphs (e.g., "I told you I was sick").
Key West, Florida
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Nice walk”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Take a nice walk or a bike ride to the Cemetery, at the main gate there are maps to interesting history.

• Polish first
New York, USA
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A Lot of Walking”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Pick up a map in a mailbox on the door. Don't ask the man inside the office - he gets annoyed. We walked all over and many of the graves sites are interesting the history of Key West is laid out before you.
One epitaph says I told you I was sick!
The original cemetery was at the waterside but was flooded and so this one is on a higher spot and the coffins are in cement containers in double and triple stacks.

1 Thank OmaAnnie
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Neat Place Full of History”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It was amazing to see the history in this cemetery. There were sailors from The Maine which most captivated my interest. There were also graves for locals, rich and poor, as well as foreign nationals. I wish I would have had more time to walk around and explore. They have helpful guides and maps at the entrance.

Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
“A Walk Through Time”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife and I cut through the cemetery and we were glad we did. There is a rich history of the various residents of Key West.

Visited December 2012
Galveston Island, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very old, historic cemetery!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

It is amazing how hold this cemetery is. You won't believe who is buried here! I'm not going to tell you! Have a cocktail and go!

Visited December 2012