“Car or Bike, and worth it”

Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park
$116.10*
Key West Tall Ship and Crawl
Ranked #12 of 180 things to do in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic site of a Civil War-era fort, currently being excavated; also has a beautiful beach for swimming and snorkeling.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Beautiful Caribbean color water, not crowded, and just beautiful. Picnic tables for lunches and shade trees for the sun sensitive.

There are newer reviews for Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park

Reviewed January 17, 2013

As we sat in the park watching the sparkly water and boats in the distance, we thought we should have packed a picnic and spent the day here. It was very relaxing. There is a beach area with a 2 chair patio umbrella setup for $30. We just sat near the tree grove on a beach side bench. It does cost to get in, but it's worth it. It was $7.00 for 2 people in a vehicle for us.

1  Thank memerry
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Really the only natural beach on the island, the park has a wonderful pine grove where you can picnic and read and listen to the ocean in relative solitude.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

A few years ago when we first discovered ZT I tried a bit of snorkeling in and then around the one huge reef on the right side of the beach area. I was pleasantly surprised to not only find fish but a vast plethora of species that changed as you went further out and around the reef. I got lost for 3 hours just hanging with the fish & wishing I had my underwater camera. I'll never forget the beauty and the great feeling of communing with these beautiful fellow denizens of our planet.

3  Thank Stan V
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Fort Zachary was a hot spot for my group. Out of the 3 main beaches in Key West this one was the cleanest and a great way to catch all the tropical fish the island has to offer. Granite there is a small admission fee but it is worth every penny. I was able to great some great footage with my go pro camera and saw all the same fish I would on a snorkeling trip for next to nothing. Get here if you can. You will not be dissappointed.