“Car or Bike, and worth it” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Key West Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
Ranked #16 of 159 things to do in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic site of a Civil War-era fort, currently being excavated; also has a beautiful beach for swimming and snorkeling.
Boston, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Car or Bike, and worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Beautiful Caribbean color water, not crowded, and just beautiful. Picnic tables for lunches and shade trees for the sun sensitive.

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
wisconsin
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Beautiful view and secluded time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

As we sat in the park watching the sparkly water and boats in the distance, we thought we should have packed a picnic and spent the day here. It was very relaxing. There is a beach area with a 2 chair patio umbrella setup for $30. We just sat near the tree grove on a beach side bench. It does cost to get in, but it's worth it. It was $7.00 for 2 people in a vehicle for us.

1 Thank memerry
Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Don't skip this oft-overlooked gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Really the only natural beach on the island, the park has a wonderful pine grove where you can picnic and read and listen to the ocean in relative solitude.

Burlington, Connecticut, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Snorkeling can be great at Zach Taylor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

A few years ago when we first discovered ZT I tried a bit of snorkeling in and then around the one huge reef on the right side of the beach area. I was pleasantly surprised to not only find fish but a vast plethora of species that changed as you went further out and around the reef. I got lost for 3 hours just hanging with the fish & wishing I had my underwater camera. I'll never forget the beauty and the great feeling of communing with these beautiful fellow denizens of our planet.

Visited February 2012
3 Thank Stan V
Sellersville, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best beach in Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Fort Zachary was a hot spot for my group. Out of the 3 main beaches in Key West this one was the cleanest and a great way to catch all the tropical fish the island has to offer. Granite there is a small admission fee but it is worth every penny. I was able to great some great footage with my go pro camera and saw all the same fish I would on a snorkeling trip for next to nothing. Get here if you can. You will not be dissappointed.

Visited July 2012