“Well worth the visit!”

and up
Day Excursion to Key West From Miami
Ranked #36 of 180 things to do in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the rich history of Key West’s shipwrecking past at the Key West Shipwreck Treasures Museum. Shipwreck artifacts, including a silver bar you can hold, fill the museum that is recreation of 19th century wrecker’s warehouse. A lookout tower and audio-visual displays share with guests the experiences of the dangerous world of ship wreckers. Storytellers, in period costume, bring history to life with tales ensuring a fun and fascinating experience for the entire family.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 6, 2011

So 'believable' in their role that you almost forget they're acting!

Reviewed February 25, 2011

Neat museum of salvaged cargo from shipwrecks in the FL keys, mostly from Key West. I had no idea that "Wrecking" was an actual business, and that they saved lives along with the cargo. I thought wreckers were like pirates until going here and learning the interesting history of wrecking. I could have spent hours there but my wife made me leave after 45 minutes because she wanted to go to the bars. Arrrg.

Reviewed January 21, 2011

from the outside, I thought it looked kind of cheezy, particularly with the staff in their period costumes and being "in character", but I really enjoyed it. They said it would take 25-30 minutes to go though but I spent 2 hours. There's lots of interesting things to read, some great artifacts, and 8 or 9 little videos. I also spent a fair amount of time on top of the tower (I didn't see any wrecks though). Really an interesting, fascinating place.

1  Thank Jlr1013
Reviewed December 31, 2010

We did the multiple attractions package from the booth sellers on the street and this was included, had some interesting stuff but a little drawn out and boring. If you have extra time and money by all means do this, if stressed for time go to the dry tortugas instead you'll remember it forever!!!

Reviewed September 18, 2010

We came upon this place while shopping one morning. What an unexpected treat! We thought it was just a museum and that in itself would have been fun but the show they put on outside and inside was great. The tower at the top is a must. Great view and a good way to get your bearings. They really got into character and made sure we were entertained! Would highly recommend this museum especially for those with little kids.