“Beautiful, family friendly resort in Key West!”

Parrot Key Hotel and Resort
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Key West
East Lansing, Michigan
“Beautiful, family friendly resort in Key West!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Vacationed at Parrot Key Resort recently with my mom and my young daughter. We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom suites- these are 3 floor townhomes with 2 large balconies, separate living room, mini fridge/microwave. Wonderful if you are looking for some space. The suite was immaculate- all done in key west decor- and the housekeeping staff works very hard to ensure it is clean. The option of the 4 different pools everyday was nice, especially with a little one who wanted to swim all day. There were a few kids staying the time we were there. Bar staff at the cafe went above and beyond and if you don't feel like walking to the cafe from the farthest pool, they will always come to you with a menu and drink options. I was surprised at how reasonable the prices were. We loved the zen feeling of the pool side landscaping and sculptures and how private it was. The shuttle to the beach runs every couple hours. We did a sunset cruise through the tour desk which was a lot of fun! Duval was fun but since it was 100 degrees everyday we mostly stayed near the pool and hotel.

Traveler tips:

-If you have someone traveling that does not handle stairs well, I would not recommend the townhouse style suite (there are a lot of stairs). They have other rooms/suites that are ground floor.

- because there are a lot of stairs, ask concierge to assist with luggage-- and tip them. WELL.

- same with housekeeping, tipping goes a long way here, and it is just kind to do

- Walgreens, go there, and stock up on water and snacks. It is right next door. We went a couple times during the week.

- Parking- It is a little sticky at times so If you drive I recommend taking the shuttle to the beach. also nearby restaurants (TGIFridays, Big Johns Pizza, a french cafe, The Stoned Crab etc.. are right across the street. -- There is also parking behind Walgreens if you can't find a spot.

- Cafe- The cafe has great food for pool side dining. However, they close down around 5pm. So, go to dinner and byob on the way back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,056)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This was mine and my husbands first time down in the keys. Now I normally don't write reviews but this resort and its staff made our honeymoon more amazing than I could've asked for. We had just got married end of July and Key West was our honeymoon destination. We booked with Parrot Key Resort since we had friends who recommended it to us. When we arrived they sent a complimentary bottle of champagne, which that right there exceeded our expectations alone!! The grounds were nice and lush and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. We stayed for a week and a half and only left the resort three times. There was a water sports company right on property which was super convenient. They also had delicious breakfast and lunch served right by the main pool. The next time my husband and I get vacation days we will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

My friends and our ladies decided to stay at parrott key. We were on our 3rd trip to key west. Boy are we glad we did. Just a great bunch of people serving us, and my friends, who were on their first trip here. Just so happened that when we pulled up, the doorman was there waiting to carry our luggage and said "Welcome to Key West". Later we found out his name was Booker. Our stay was great. Rooms were clean, they had 4 pools, nice bar and outdoor restuarant. Also, we chose to go jet skiing right there at resort with sunset watersports. We had curt and jessie for our guides and they are some real characters...i never laughed so hard. All of us had a great time. The staff is sooo friendly and always asking how we were doing. So overall, duvall street, jet skiing, Parrott Key, Booker, and the staff....made it a great trip to "Key West". Thankx to all.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2014

When I first arrived to this location, I was skeptical about it because it seemed too quiet for a hotel. Once I checked in, it was Paradise. The rooms were very comfy and clean, as well as the common areas. The pool areas felt like being in your own backyard because, everyone was respectful and friendly. During my stay, I asked to speak with the manager- to give him a compliment, which I rarely do; and as the manager approached me, I noticed it happen to be a guy I saw earlier that day picking up cups and napkins kids left behind as trash. I was shock! Usually at a resort, the manager would have called maintainence crew to come tidy up the place; but Mr. Hodges didnt care if he had a suit and tie on, which I found amazing..... My family will definitely come back very soon.

Rod-

Room Tip: Siutes are the best if traveling with kids
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My wife and I where very impressed with the level of customer service as well as the cleanliness. We met some friends and family there and had a spectacular vacation. It was fun for adults as well as the children. It was not right in the heart of the action but close enough. :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2014

our stay in Parrot Key Hotel was a pleasure for all 3 generations on the trip .it always felt very private and exclusive whether sat on the decking or around the pool . The accommodation was was plush and the staff couldn't do enough to help .would definately return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank peteprd
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

A very well,set out and attractive resort, with four swimming pools and right on the foreshore. Staff are helpful but after difficult to locate.
BUT it fall short in many ways. The rooms are large, but our room was almost devoid of furniture, there was no comfortable chairs to sit in, no chair for the desk.
The are no kitchen facilities to prepare food, but the resort does not include a full restaurant service. The is limited breakfast service beside the pool which only seats approx. 30 people, yet there are 146 suites. There is no true evening meal service as this small bar area closes at 8pm. Yet there are very few eating opportunities in the immediate vicinity, you have to drive every where.
No safe in the rooms, but there is one at the front desk, which is not always very convenient.
I would not recommend this to my friends.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple