Vacationed at Parrot Key Resort recently with my mom and my young daughter. We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom suites- these are 3 floor townhomes with 2 large balconies, separate living room, mini fridge/microwave. Wonderful if you are looking for some space. The suite was immaculate- all done in key west decor- and the housekeeping staff works very hard to ensure it is clean. The option of the 4 different pools everyday was nice, especially with a little one who wanted to swim all day. There were a few kids staying the time we were there. Bar staff at the cafe went above and beyond and if you don't feel like walking to the cafe from the farthest pool, they will always come to you with a menu and drink options. I was surprised at how reasonable the prices were. We loved the zen feeling of the pool side landscaping and sculptures and how private it was. The shuttle to the beach runs every couple hours. We did a sunset cruise through the tour desk which was a lot of fun! Duval was fun but since it was 100 degrees everyday we mostly stayed near the pool and hotel.
-If you have someone traveling that does not handle stairs well, I would not recommend the townhouse style suite (there are a lot of stairs). They have other rooms/suites that are ground floor.
- because there are a lot of stairs, ask concierge to assist with luggage-- and tip them. WELL.
- same with housekeeping, tipping goes a long way here, and it is just kind to do
- Walgreens, go there, and stock up on water and snacks. It is right next door. We went a couple times during the week.
- Parking- It is a little sticky at times so If you drive I recommend taking the shuttle to the beach. also nearby restaurants (TGIFridays, Big Johns Pizza, a french cafe, The Stoned Crab etc.. are right across the street. -- There is also parking behind Walgreens if you can't find a spot.
- Cafe- The cafe has great food for pool side dining. However, they close down around 5pm. So, go to dinner and byob on the way back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parrot Key Resort is an idyllic Key West hideaway, offering simple luxury, comfort and style in a serene waterfront haven. Five acres of tropical gardens surround Parrot Key, with pretty paths meandering through colorful foliage. Four sparkling pools are nestled among their own private sculpture gardens with whimsical art capturing your attention at every turn. The poolside Café Blue offers a range of refreshing drinks and island cuisine, where you can simply sit back and listen to the sound of serenity. Planning is simple here, with onsite watersports and a complimentary beach shuttle waiting to whisk you away to nearby Smathers Beach. Or simply relax and watch the sun go down from our sunset pier. Space out in a suite or a three-bedroom villa, including a living room and soothing treetop balconies. You can also unwind in a waterfront guestroom, equipped with your own white sand terrace. Each guestroom, suite and villa at Parrot Key boasts spectacular views of either lush gardens or the calm waters of Florida Bay. Experience the Key West you've always dreamed of with endless sunshine, glorious sunsets, and incomparable charm. From your peaceful haven at Parrot Key Resort, it's hard to believe that the energetic and eclectic vibe of Key West is just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parrot Key Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parrot Key Hotel Key West
- Parrot Key Beach Hotel
- Parrot Key Beach West