“Relaxing Key West Getaway- off the beaten path!”

Parrot Key Hotel and Resort
Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My mom, sister and I recently stayed here for a little girls getaway. We chose this location because it is away from the hustle and bustle from downtown. Nice grounds, pools, large rooms.

Pros: new rooms, bright and open. Pools were immaculately kept. The serving staff was very nice and attentive for poolside drinks.

Cons: Lack of parking, wasn't a huge deal because you can park at the local Walgreens, if you feel comfortable leaving your vehicle there. We had some bad weather and were looking for things to do, and the concierge was not too knowledgeable. When asked for a suggestion... she said "movies"... how original!

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely come again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Pamela H
There are newer reviews for Parrot Key Hotel and Resort

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have not stayed at this property, but feel the need to comment regarding their online reservation system. I made a reservation to stay at Parrot Key in late January. At the time, I was asked to give a credit card number to hold the reservation. I received an email confirmation of the reservation, including the amount that would be owed - but no indication that any amount was charged. In fact, the reservation specifically says zero deposit.

A few weeks after making the reservation, we tried to cancel the reservation because of unforeseen circumstances. We were informed, much to our surprise, that our reservation was prepaid and nonrefundable. They claim that was made very clear throughout the reservation process. I consider myself a fairly savvy traveler, including major trips booked online. And I'm very familiar with prepaid rooms - having booked one as recently as November 2013. However, I have no recollection that the room we book was nonrefundable - leading me to believe it may not have been as clear as they suggest.

Moreover, my confirmation email explicitly states that ZERO deposit was made. I did not receive any sort of follow up email suggesting that a payment had been subsequently charged to my credit card, though correspondence with my credit card company now demonstrates that indeed Parrot Key did indeed charge my account.

I'm sure it is a lovely property and that we would have enjoyed the stay. I'm writing merely to suggest caution when making reservations with this outfit.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VAfrog
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Parrot Key for our anniversary. Upon arrival and checking into our room, I was very disappointed. I booked a room with an ocean view and there was none. We went back to the front desk to express our disappointment especially because it was our anniversary, and to mention that the picture of the room we booked was nowhere near the same. The staff immediately began searching for an alternate room and we were upgraded to a large suite. The staff was friendly, gracious and accommodating in every way. The many pools offered a different theme of paradise. The room and property were clean and well kept. My husband and I would definitely go back to Parrot Key. The hotel is a short trip from the airport and next door to a Walgreens in case you've forgotten to pack anything.

Room Tip: Request a suite if you're gong with your family. Plenty of space and it's on two levels.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank papasgirlkoka
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'm stunned by the couple of negative reviews I just read (grumpy people, perhaps?) My husband, 11 year old daughter and I stayed here and couldn't have been happier. Others who know me well consider me very picky so I guess it's just a matter of "to each his own." We booked a waterfront room and our view of the bay was lovely. There is no beach but the strip of sand out our backdoor, covered with majestic looking palm trees, offered our daughter a great place to create her art and offered us a picturesque spot to read and relax. If we had wanted to hit the beach, it's a short drive away. We rented bikes on site and arranged for a jetski tour of the island which departs every day from the resort. Four HEATED pools to choose from was nice because it prevented any one of them from being too crowded. The Blue Cafe that sits adjacent to the largest pool is very inviting with staff who are eager to please. We enjoyed tasty beverages from the bar and had a really good appetizer one day as well.

Bedding and quality of linens were good.

We've stayed in several different spots in KW and this one ranks among the best experiences we've had. Someone mentioned paying $1000 a night which is more than twice what we paid so not sure what that's all about.

Room Tip: We had 33A and loved the location - great view. Units are close to each other but we found the clie...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ollieboog
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Parrot Key Resort was a very pleasant surprise for us and we thoroughly enjoyed staying there. I always stay Marriott but this time I chose this over nearby Fairfield by Marriott and I must say the decor and cleanliness of the room stunned me the moment I entered the room. I didn't find much to do in Key West that my family liked, but just hanging out at the hotel's pools and spending the evening in the room made our stay in Key West memorable. Staff is friendly too. One night we wanted to warm up some leftover take-out food and the staff arranged for a microwave for our room somehow, Keep up the great work. I booked direct with the hotel at a good price and on my flight back saw that there's some Southwest Airlines discount, but I didn't face any booking issues. I did hear another customer at the front desk discussing some reservation issues through Expedia but I don't know any details on that.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We completely agree with the last two comments. It was not worth what we paid over the holiday week. You can hear everything through the walls, very disruptive.
Maybe if you go in an off season, the experience would be beautiful.
It's very beautiful at first then when you start to use the facilities, it's not as clean in some areas as you would hope.

Room Tip: If you are looking to have beach access, you cannot get certain types of rooms. So please be carefu...
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were expecting something very luxurious for $1000 per night (for a two bed cottage) but were disappointed to find very basic room facilities. The report itself is set in lush surroundings that are really pleasant. Despite the fact there are four pools, you cannot have a decent swim in any of them as they are too small. There were absolutely no extra frills for this exorbitant cost - no breakfast, not even water in the room.
We booked an ocean front room, but be warned these are only the higher numbers probably 35-45. Our room, 21 was overlooking an estuary. Walls and floors are paper thin so you hear everything around you.
The resort is a $12 taxi trip outside the centre of Key West.
The only upside really, was that the concierge was excellent.
There are watersports facilities on the site but these are all extra.
At least the weather was great when we were there so that made up for things...

Room Tip: If you specify ocean front when you book then make sure it is - not estuary!
1  Thank Purbecks68