Parrot Key Hotel and Resort
$326
$309
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$369
$167
Hotels.com
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
$703
$679
Hotels.com
$390
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
4,502 results
All reviewshome depotcafe blueduval streetwater viewsandy areawaterfront roomliving roomthree bedroomback porchmain poolgarden viewwater frontsecond bedroomjet skishort drivepalm treescab ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'm stunned by the couple of negative reviews I just read (grumpy people, perhaps?) My husband, 11 year old daughter and I stayed here and couldn't have been happier. Others who know me well consider me very picky so I guess it's just a matter of "to each his own." We booked a waterfront room and our view of the bay was lovely. There is no beach but the strip of sand out our backdoor, covered with majestic looking palm trees, offered our daughter a great place to create her art and offered us a picturesque spot to read and relax. If we had wanted to hit the beach, it's a short drive away. We rented bikes on site and arranged for a jetski tour of the island which departs every day from the resort. Four HEATED pools to choose from was nice because it prevented any one of them from being too crowded. The Blue Cafe that sits adjacent to the largest pool is very inviting with staff who are eager to please. We enjoyed tasty beverages from the bar and had a really good appetizer one day as well.

Bedding and quality of linens were good.

We've stayed in several different spots in KW and this one ranks among the best experiences we've had. Someone mentioned paying $1000 a night which is more than twice what we paid so not sure what that's all about.

Room Tip: We had 33A and loved the location - great view. Units are close to each other but we found the clientele to be respectful of each other so noise wasn't a problem.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ollieboog
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Parrot Key Resort was a very pleasant surprise for us and we thoroughly enjoyed staying there. I always stay Marriott but this time I chose this over nearby Fairfield by Marriott and I must say the decor and cleanliness of the room stunned me the moment I entered the room. I didn't find much to do in Key West that my family liked, but just hanging out at the hotel's pools and spending the evening in the room made our stay in Key West memorable. Staff is friendly too. One night we wanted to warm up some leftover take-out food and the staff arranged for a microwave for our room somehow, Keep up the great work. I booked direct with the hotel at a good price and on my flight back saw that there's some Southwest Airlines discount, but I didn't face any booking issues. I did hear another customer at the front desk discussing some reservation issues through Expedia but I don't know any details on that.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We completely agree with the last two comments. It was not worth what we paid over the holiday week. You can hear everything through the walls, very disruptive.
Maybe if you go in an off season, the experience would be beautiful.
It's very beautiful at first then when you start to use the facilities, it's not as clean in some areas as you would hope.

Room Tip: If you are looking to have beach access, you cannot get certain types of rooms. So please be careful otherwise you will be disappointed like we were. We spent the extra money for a waterfront view only to find out because we wanted two bedrooms our unit is not accessible. This was not explained when I paid all my money upfront three months in advance. Had I have known we would have stayed elsewhere.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were expecting something very luxurious for $1000 per night (for a two bed cottage) but were disappointed to find very basic room facilities. The report itself is set in lush surroundings that are really pleasant. Despite the fact there are four pools, you cannot have a decent swim in any of them as they are too small. There were absolutely no extra frills for this exorbitant cost - no breakfast, not even water in the room.
We booked an ocean front room, but be warned these are only the higher numbers probably 35-45. Our room, 21 was overlooking an estuary. Walls and floors are paper thin so you hear everything around you.
The resort is a $12 taxi trip outside the centre of Key West.
The only upside really, was that the concierge was excellent.
There are watersports facilities on the site but these are all extra.
At least the weather was great when we were there so that made up for things...

Room Tip: If you specify ocean front when you book then make sure it is - not estuary!
1  Thank Purbecks68
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We found this resort to be weird, creepy and vastly overpriced. The rooms are all set within a network of narrow pathways lined by high bushes, fences and noisy air conditioners. Four pools, that range from small to not-that-small (but not big either) are also accessed off the narrow pathways.

The rooms are just okay, furnished in simple painted furniture and strangely high beds. The back of each downstairs room opens out onto a back porch and a strip of fake "beach" made from trucked in sand. (Upstairs units have a balcony). Beyond the strip of fake beach, more bushes, mangroves and the bay.

The price of the room was sky high, but whenever possible, it seemed the resort cut corners .... cheap mismatched toiletries, cut rate TV station selection, air conditioning that went from freezing cold (it was set a 57 when we checked in) to too hot, thin walls and ceilings (clomping footsteps above at 2 AM). Our coffee maker had someone else's old coffee grounds in it. The beach bar charged a couple bucks a cup. When we checked in and I asked for an end unit, the front desk clerk said gruffly, "The rooms are all the same. We'll give you the one that's cleaned up first." The nearest restaurant is located across the highway and Key West's town center is over 2 miles away. We love Key West, but this place, we could not get away from fast enough.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple