“Very pleasant experience”

Parrot Key Hotel and Resort
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Located 2 miles onto the island and therefore only another 2 miles to Duval Street a great location. The resort feels like a cross between a hotel and time share resort - each unit has it own town house style access; we needed two double beds for my wife and boys and therefore had the 2nd and 3rd floors of the unit. Two bedrooms, two baths, a living area and two porches to sit out as well. There are four smaller sized pools but this allowed more options depending on what was happening. We were pleasantly surprised and would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gjcoffman

Reviewed May 21, 2011

The hotel was so beautiful from the soothing colors inside to the lush green outside. We found our rooms perfect. It was wonderful to walk the grounds. My husband and I were at the hotel w/ dear friends. The layout gave us ideal privacy. WE LOVED THE PARROT KEY HOTEL and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2011

The title review says it all....!! My wife and i will ""definately"" be back and we will bring all our friends next time too!! We traveled with our adult children 21 & 26 and their respective bf's and gf's. We rented one of the 3 bedroom cottages, so that everyone had their own bedroom and bathroom. The cottage was great had a kitchen and dining room, large family type room and 4 decks!

If you are like me, Iread trip advisor before i take any trip. I usually start with the negative reviews as you can often learn some things that you would not otherwise find out until it was too late. Sooo for the sake of giving Parrot Key Resort their just due, and this place was the best, I was going to put this in the 1 star category so "nay sayers' would see this (if you are like me looking there first), but than I found out that it would drive the resorts rating down, and I just can not do that as our stay was that great!!! Ssoooo, I have decided to take excerpts from the "negative reviews" and address them here....
* The reservation guy Dave was great!! Helped us out over the phone and Iwould give him 5 stars.
* The manager Bob Bauersachs was better than great - I would give him 7 stars our of 5.
* Check in was a breeze, sorry I can not recall her name but she was helpful
* There is ""not"" real noise and yes they are located by Walgreens and Home Depot, so what, you have to be located near someone else, come on, this is key west! if you want piece and quiet, and don't want to be located near anyone - rent a place in fiji..!
* Coffee is in the room and we had no problems with the tv's and I am "not" a computer geek!
* Oh my...! not enough parking?!!??!?!? I had to park in Walgreens three of seven nights, sure did!! When we came home from Duval at 2am or later- ohh and guess what, the walk from Walgreens parking and our room was just about the same distance as our room to one of the great pools that they fabuously maintain - come on get real! Maybe a 150 yard walk - big deal and I have a bad right knee ready for replacement! give me a break here it was NOT far at all as some would have you believe!
*The rooms were nothing shy of spotless / immaculate!! The housekeeping staff did an outstanding job in cleanliness...!! and this ""included the bathrooms""...!
* OH NO...!, what it is 3 miles to duval...??? get a taxi, spend a buck or better yet, take your rental car as we did , there was ""plenty"" of parking in and around duval street!! We ""never'' had a problem with parking any night - period! You're on vacation, enjoy yourself and stop worrying about this stuff. and guess what, if you get a room down by Duval, you save on taxis and parking, but here you will have plenty of noise, circus atmosphere until late and maybe even some sewage smell...!
*Parrot bay has a wonderfull staff, that is more than adequate in size, we saw staff all the time during the day, cleaning, fixing, gardening, bug spraying etc to keep it in the ""immaculate condition"' that it is...!! BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!
* UH OH... guess what - """it is""" on the waterfront!!! We had a great room that over looked the bay and the resort built a dock to watch the magnificant sunset every night!! The water is not visible from every room but it is from the cottage , which by the way are reasonable priced to boot!!!
* Awww, we did not have any privacy on our deck that oversaw the water, but we made friends with the people next door and we had "'plenty of privacy"" in our room. you want privacy to the max, go to an all inclusive and pay an all inclusive price!!
* Our cottage had a kitchen and dining room. Great for a quick breakfast or snack.
*** what would i suggest to the owners to change - ""3"" very simple things....
1) I would put ceiling fans in the 3rd floor bedrooms, it does get hot up there and it would help reduce the a/c load and power load.
2) I would give your wait staff at the pool the ability to change to a different station on Serius radio, other than coffee house rock. i did not have a problem with it, but I think island music, jimmy buffet, bob marley, 70's/80's rock or a combination of all. but no deal breaker for me..
3) Maybe a Teflon or silverstone pan or two for whipping up some eggs in the morning, but again NO deal breaker here!

Soooo the bottom line on Parrot Bay.... this place was fantastic...!!! My wife, family and friends will return, I have recommended this place to at least a dozen or more people since we got back less than a week ago. It is clean - actually VERY CLEAN, the pools were great, the grounds were immaculate, the staff was helpful and if I were able to give them 7 stars out of 5 I would...! My hat is off to the owners and operators of this great resort. see you all again next year!!

Regards,
Dave B

Room Tip: Talk with the desk vs. booking on line!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Dave57999
Reviewed May 20, 2011

It was much nicer than I expected. A continental breakfast would have been nice, but otherwise the hotel was well worth the money. The set up was more like condos than hotel. The be was super comfortable and I wanted to take he pillows home. A little far from the action of Duvall Street, yet would be perfect if I had a bike. I would stay here again:)

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank AbbySayers
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Parrot Key Hotel & Resort delivered the perfect dose of a paradise and relaxing get-away experience! I highly recommend this as the perfect vacation spot for solo travelers, couples, close-family & friends -- and even a business stay for those professionals wanting to work in a stress-free environment, while they are hard at work, but taking time to unwind and relax through-out their day, and getting a wonderful night's rest!

The environment around you -- even on a short stay at the Hotel & Resort, will leave you refreshed! Enjoy exeptionally clean & comfortable rooms with beautiful views, choose from 4 pools, have a delicious bite with a refreshing drink, take a stroll through-out the property and feel at ease with the beautiful landscaping and art, walk barefoot or lounge on the lushious white sand -- you name it... It is Paradise and Relaxation at Its best!

It will leave you wanting to come back for more -- again and again, just like it does to us as a couple, with family, friends and on business. From check-in to almost not wanting to check-out -- everything about Parrot key Hotel & Resort is exceptional -- The staff through-out, including the friendly & professional accomodations at the Front Desk, the Room Service, the Cafe, which by the way -- the food & drinks served are delicious and unique!

When planning your next vacation or short stay consider Parrot Key Hotel & Resort to be your first choice -- you will not regret it! It offers a location close to the famous Duval Street and the fun of the City of Key West, while being away from it all, as if it were an oasis all at the same time!

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dairys
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We stayed in a two bedroom suite. It was perfect for us! The four pools practically guaranteed us an almost private place to hang out during the day. The staff was great, recommended some great places to eat and helped us rent some scooters (very easy). Next time we stay, we will probably get a cottage style suite, for the kitchen. Had a great time! I highly recomment Parrot Key!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank tvandeberg
Reviewed May 19, 2011

If you want a laid-back, relaxing vacation, this is the place to go. Very quiet - the best sleep I have had in any hotel or at home. The beds are wonderful. I loved all the room to put clothes and toiletries away so you were not living out of a suitcase. Loved the mirrors - made putting on make-up so easy. If you have an extended family or some couple wanting to stay together - this is a great set-up.

Definately had a "Key West" feel. I loved the decor. The bathroom was very roomy - not your typical hotel room bath.

Parking got tight towards the weekend but that is absolutely the only negative I could see about the place.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple