“Best Oysters in the Keys”
Review of Red Fish Blue Fish

Red Fish Blue Fish
Ranked #96 of 452 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stopped in for a light meal and drinks, the shrimp and oysters were fabulous and our server Mike was exceptional not only with service but also with great suggestions on local activities.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We are in Key West several times a year but somehow have always by-passed Red Fish Blue Fish. This time we made a point to give it a try. We were not dissappointed! Amazing atmosphere. Cheryl took great care of us. We both enjoyed our meals & got completely stuffed. Looking forward to a repeat visit on our next trip.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

we were caught in the rain, and came in to the seemingly cozy restaurant. the place was empty, nobody met us at the door, so we assumed that as in most pubs like this one it's okay to just come in and sit anywhere we like. we've been waiting for about 10-15 minutes for somebody to come over to us and ask what we'd like to order, but very busy waiters were passing us by, deliberately ignoring us. when I finally got up and came up to one of them to friendly ask where should we order our food (at the bar/etc), he gave me a lecture on that "we should have asked somebody to sit us" (interesting how, if there was nobody available), and then I said there was nobody, he said "that okaaay, I don't mind to serve you" - then we just decided to choose another place to spend our time and money at, in any case service would be better anywhere else than in Red Fish Blue Fish. definitely a place that relies solely on random people that will leave key west and never return, so they don't care about their clientele. really really really rude service and unfriendly waiters, management need to change something. avoid at all cost.
btw, as it was raining outside, their roof was leaking right on the tables and floor, there were puddles on the floor, so the place is also falling apart.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Red Fish, Blue Fish is in a nice location. Our waiter was very nice. We sat on the patio and had our dinner. The food was uneventful, so not bad and not great. We will skip this one on our next visit.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We ate their last night on 9/14/13. It was not a good experience. The restaurant used to be called Billy's years ago so I was hoping the food at Red Fish Blue Fish would be great as well. I ordered a Grey Goose Cosmo ($13) and it tasted like water. I asked the waiter for another one and told him not to shake it too much since the drink was weak. He came back with the second and it was watered down as well. My husband ordered a Rum Runner and was watered down as well. It did not look like a Rum Runner at all. It was a very pale pink color. I have never seen a pale pink rum runner ever! It looked very watery. I ordered the conch fritters and was hoping they were as good as Billy's fritters. I was so disappointed! They were the worst conch fritters I ever had. Let's say they were nothing more than hush puppies that you would get at a Red Lobster. I couldn't find a piece of conch in any of the fritters. My husband ordered the mahi mahi fish tacos. He said they were very bland and overpriced and he orders fish tacos all the time. He KNOWS his fish tacos.
We live near Boulder, CO and the fish tacos there are much better and it is in the middle of the US far away from any ocean. I do not recommend this restaurant at all. Our waiter was a bit snarky too.