“Bar Lunch”
Review of Red Fish Blue Fish

Red Fish Blue Fish
Ranked #105 of 447 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We came over on the ferry for a few days which means leaving Ft. Myers early in the morning. Arrived, checked in to our hotel, and started strolling the street. Tripped over Red Fish Blue Fish. It was fairly empty mid day so sat at the bar. Not wanting to spoil dinner, ordered an appetizer of Mahi mahi fritters and a salad with seared ahi. Delicious! I love that the tuna was still nice and cool inside. Good dressing and the fritters were an interesting surprise.

There are newer reviews for Red Fish Blue Fish

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Felt for being in the location where it is at and the competition around it would have been better. But, it was not bad and is very convenient. Service was ok. My food (fish, mashed potatoes, broccoli) was good but did not come out as hot as I would have liked. Boyfriend had fried seafood platter and there was no shortage of shrimp, scallops, or fish.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I happened upon this restaurant on our way to Mallory Square for the sunset celebration. The food was great and the service was amazing. The only criticism I would give is that they should re-think their portions because they are too large. I usually expect to get three to four small soft taco shells and filling when I order fish tacos. What I got here was three burrito shells and a heaping of filling. I think I ate half of this. My husband got the Cioppino and it was very good but he couldn't finish his, either. Our waiter, Emil, was amazing. He was very fast and very nice.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I decided to have dinner here on our last night in town. I had the Cioppino and my husband had the Jambalaya. Both meals were extremely tasty. We decided not to order an appetizer and were glad we didn't because the dinner portions were quite large. My husband said that the Jambalaya was the best he has ever had. There were more than 20 shrimp and plenty of chicken and sausage. My Cioppino also had plenty shrimp as well as Mahi Mahi, scallops, clams, and crab. We would have loved to try the key lime pie but were too full by the time we completed half our meals. The only negative I could say is when we first sat down and put our drink request in (Mudslides) the waiter was unfamiliar with the drink and said they did not have them. I would assume that any bar should have the ingredients to make this drink but didn't question it. We quickly changed our selection to Magaritas and they were quite good so no harm there. Can't wait to come back to the Keys so we can try some other dishes.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We got married in Key West this month and we had our reception at Red Fish Blue Fish and sat at their outdoor patio area. The service by Cheryl and Matt D was top notch and the food was amazing. All of our guests raved about the great food and atmosphere. Red Fish Blue Fish is one of our favorite restaurants in Key West and the location next to Mallory Square is amazing! We will be back!!

Thanks again to Red Fish Blue Fish to the best reception and a special thanks again to Cheryl and Matt D for taking great care of us! :)