“Genuine Fun”

Ranked #34 of 286 Tours in Key West
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
“Genuine Fun”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The most talked about event of our florida vacation. Getting around on the back streets of Key West, sharing of coconut, avocado, and star fruit, nature preserve, bird sanctuary, southern most point, lead by vibrant, entertaining Lloyd. Thanks for the memory! Karen Borchardt WI

Caledonia, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“highlight of our vacation”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We wished the tour could have lasted all day. LLoyd is part of the local color and an entertainer at heart who made us all feel like little kids watching our first magician. He took us through the back streets to interesting and fun places others never find while giving us an insiders narration of Key West.

North Aurora, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Do it once..even if you've been to KW before...”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Lloyd's bike tour is a different take on Key West... he's been around the island for something like 40 years now...he's seen alot of things change since the 70's (and talking to him, it's amazing he still remembers the 70's) The biggest thing I liked about it, after the usual info about fruits native to the island and the parrot lady, was the fact that you can make a deal with the "Moped Hospital" (place that rents the bikes you use on the tour) and pay 2 bucks extra to keep the bikes for the afternoon after the tour is over. The bike riding you do with Lloyd is not strenuous (if you're in average shape or better) so keeping the bikes for your own tooling around is still very do-able. Here's what I did: I told Lloyd that I wanted to see if I could hang onto the bikes, and he gave us a $5.00 credit on each of our tours so that I could make a separate payment to the Moped Hospital of $6.00 each for a 4 hour bike rental. Thus, for $2.00 extra, we got to keep the bikes for a little extra riding around. We got there early for the tour and had really great parking for our rental car (across the street from the Hemingway House) and I didn't want to have to move the car if I could help it! We really didn't end up riding around for more than another hour, but at a buck extra, it was totally worth it! It made me feel better about the $30.00 per person price tag of his tour...

1 Thank Mike P
Strongsville, Ohio
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Laid back old key west”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

A two hour bike tour but not always riding. Lloyd was a hoot! A Key Westener who took us to places we did not even know were in Key West, two sanctuaries, a local art museum, highest point in Key West.. His knowledge of the flora was superb and it was fun tasting his treats. I would not recommend this for small children.

Miami, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Lloyd's Bike Tour a Key West Must”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My husband and I visit Key West from Miami where we live, every year right after Thanksgiving. This year we had read about Lloyd's Bike Tour and decided to hook up with him. It was well worth it. So much more interesting to have a Key Westerner with you than to just ride on your own. Lloyd actually rides with you, answering all your quirky questions, filling you in on all the local scuttlebut and history, offering you fruit tastings, and introducing you to various locals along the way. I would imagine that no two bike tours are the same with Lloyd because he's the kind of guy who will tailor the tour according to what is going on in the island at that particular time. Let's face it. Local color is what Key West is all about and this is the tour that takes you behind the scenes to see what it's all about. Definitely worth the time and bucks!

Visited December 2012