“Not what I expected...”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Not what I expected...”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

If I had it to do over again, I would rent my own bike and tour Key West or try out the Key Lime Bike Tour (haven't heard anything about it,though). Lloyd gave us no useful information about Key West, seemed to have no route planned, shared little to no history with us and made random stops to pick up fruit off the sidewalk while ranting about various city councilmen. It could have been so much better! I can't believe he's been in business for thirty years, it was like it was his first day. The highlight of the tour was the wonderful Mango we ate (best one I've ever tasted) and seeing Key West by bicycle, which I'll definitely do again! Save your $35 per person and DIY..

7 Thank Kim M
LloydMager, Owner at Lloyd's Tropical Bike Tour, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I understand your disappointment and I am sorry. I have learned you cant please everyone. My tour is nature oriented and does not focus on historical facts. There is no mention of historical information in any of my marketing literature. My tour is unique and personal and no one else does what I do.I stand by that now and forever. Once again I am sorry for any displeasure you might have experienced.
sincerely yours, Lloyd Mager

Miami, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very disappointed – save your time and money.”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Key West has tons of history and interesting facts, but my group was stunned by how little information Lloyd's Bike Tour told us.

He mostly took us to fruit trees so we could have a bite of the fruit (some of which got picked up off the street). Mango, Spanish lime, fig, and coconut.

Lloyd took us to a location, and we'd stop, expecting to hear some interesting information, but instead he'd go into a rant against whatever - jet skis, overdevelopment, current events.

He also has this snarky sense of humor that was mildly offensive at times.

My advice is that you pick up a copy of "Sharon Well's Walking and Biking Guide to Historic Key West" (Google it; many tourist places carry it for FREE!), then rent your own bike for a day. You'll learn much more and save money and time.

If it's bad weather, or some in your group would rather not bike, try the City View Trolley. At $19 it was a third less expensive that the other trolley or Lloyd, runs frequently, gives lots of good info, and you can get on and off all day long.

9 Thank RTPGLM
Evans, ga
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A very unique and fun way to see the real Key West”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Lloyd was just a much fun and a little more cooky than expected! There were three women in my group and we each enjoyed the tour immensely. Lloyd has a true Key West personality and he showed us a locals way of looking at the island. We loved the fresh mango, coconut with lime, and avocado he fed us along the tour and we know we saw things in Key West no one else on our cruise ship got to experience. (the real southernmost point of the US)
great job Lloyd! We will be back to visit you for sure!

key west
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Local key west foods revealed , it's Organic!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I am a local key west resident who enjoys cooking, has businesses and write cook books on sourcing local foods. Lloyd is my go to guy for a tour of what's local and ready to eat. It's fun, quirky and educational for residents and tourists alike. Lloyd experence and passion for all the trees and local goodies will inspire you to understand where you live even more and get in tune what real local food is. Take the kids, go by yourself there is no other way to learn more about "all" of keywest with a sense of humor thrown in on a bike!

Philadelphia, PA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Spend a day in the life of Lloyd!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Went with a boy scout troop. Lloyd took us through the neighborhoods of Key West, enjoying local tropical fruit right off the trees and visited with a cool collection of characters (parrot rescue, Lloyd's brother, a bird rehab). Totally offbeat and quirky, Lloyd was fun to hang with. Plus the breeze generated by the easy ride on the bikes made for a cool afternoon despite humid, high 80 degree heat.

Visited June 2012