“Pizza joint”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went there just last week as I wanted a piece of pizza. Say a 2012 tripadvisor Award of Excellence on the wall. I though WOW. Everything was excellent. Remember it is a pizza joint. Don't forget to grab a fridge magnet when you are there. They are on the Pepsi cooler.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I just wanted to begin by saying that I am Italian, I live in London and travel a lot both for work and for pleasure. I definitely know what a good pizza is supposed to taste like and I certainly know the difference between good and bad service.

During our stay at Key Largo, we've looked up on the internet for a good Italian restaurant and Upper Crust came up. Now, I'm not sure if the previous reviewers don't really get out much or if they went to a different Upper Crust in Key Largo or maybe a Parallel Universe, but this really was one of the worst meals we have ever had.

At our arrival, we were greeted by a lady with Polish accent, who we assumed to be one of the owners, the other owner, we assumed to be a very unfriendly man who was sitting at the bar and kept going behind the bar and on the way back would give us a very strange/arrogant look. The restaurant was empty and had only one other customer sitting at a table near us. The lady who greeted us, was nice, very polite; she sat us down and served us throughout our visit.

As for the food - it was abysmal! Some of our party had pasta (shrimp scampi over a linguine) it was bland, not seasoned and let me just say, it was not scampi!!! whilst others had pizza and none of it was really any good; just because something is a dough based and has some meat toppings, it does not make it a pizza!

I honestly believe that whoever cooked those meals is not an actual chef, so not only would I not recommend this place to anyone who appreciates food, I would actually advise them not to go there! It is absolutely terrible.

Our problem was, that having read these reviews here, we genuinely though we found a decent place to eat. If not for that, the fact that it was very late in the evening and we had a child with us, we would have left without eating!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We got the lunch special of two slices of pizza and a drink. It was quick and efficient. I would like to have the server give a few more recommendations regarding what types of toppings are available for the specials.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Not much to look at but boy do they have some great pizza!!!! Loved how the crust was very crispy and not alot of sauce. Great waitstaff. Our last meal in Key Largo was a toss up between Upper Crust and FIsh House!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Antipasto salad was okay but the Pizza crust was phenomenal and they had a super Italian beer on tap!!!!!