“You've GOT to be kidding me!”
Review of Upper Crust Pizza

Upper Crust Pizza
Ranked #59 of 139 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We arrived in Key Largo after driving from Key West and didn't want to go out for dinner. Reading the reviews stating this as 21st out of 62 on TripAdvisor we thought we would have a decent takeout meal. WRONG! Granted I am from NJ and we have great Italian food and bread, I took that into consideration before writing this. I ordered the eggplant dinner which comes with garlic bread and a house salad...we also ordered a Gondola sub. I stayed away from the pizza because I knew it wouldn't be near what I'm used to eating. The sub was an embarrassment. Two slices of meat and a slice of cheese with oil and vinegar on the worst bread ive ever tasted. The eggplant was burnt and you could tell they don't salt the water before adding the pasta because it tastes like nothing. The salad I actually ate or I would have starved. Basic iceberg lettuce, unripen tomatoes and bagged mozzarella. STAY AWAY!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped at this place on the way to Key west as well as on the way back. The pizza, garlic bread and the subs were just awesome. Homemade, not expensive at all and good quality food.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great food at a fair price. Friendly staff and great service. Relax and have a drink while you wait for your order, when things are made fresh, it may take a little longer. However, your on vacation, sit back and relax a little.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Have had pizza on several occaisions, and it has always been excellent. I have not had pizza anywhere else in The Keys, but I cannot imagine any place making a better tasting pizza. You can tell the ingredients are fresh and of the best quality. The place has a nice small bar/pizza joint feel, and the staff is excellent. The owner "Dave" is great, he always makes it a point to say hello and chat for a while -and has even taken care of my bill on occaision. Great place, and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We just moved to key largo from New York area so we know good pizza. Delicious crust and cheese! Waitress was very nice; prompt service and she didn't "bug" us every five minutes. Garlic rolls are amazing. We have found our new pizza place:)