“Nice float on a historic boat”

African Queen Canal Cruise
Ranked #7 of 72 things to do in Key Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: In 2012 the iconic boat the African Queen was restored for her 100 year centennial celebration. In May 2012 she once again began plying the waters of Key Largo and currently offers canal and dinner cruises. We go out daily at 10am, 12am, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm. On Fridays and Saturdays at 6pm we offer a dinner cruise to the Pilot House Marina where passengers disembark and enjoy dinner in the restaurant before boarding the vessel once again to return to the Marina Del Mar. Dinner and lunch cruises are also available on request for groups of at least 4 people.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

If you are a fan of movies, this is not be missed. We took a 10 a.m. Cruise with Capt. Richard. We were the only couple on he boat, which made this even more special.

We rode a canal aligned with beautiful homes before heading out into the Atlantic Ocean. It makes for great views.

It is the boat itself that makes this a magical experience. A cole of photo albums show scenes from the Bogart and Hepburn movie and he restoration of the boat. Our captain was warm and friendly.

The engine, he steam, and the chug a lug movement of his ride makes it a great way to start he vacation in the Keys.

We high
Y recommend this!

1  Thank Phildigs

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Made a special effort to go on the cruise, to stand in the footsteps of Bogart. Maximum of 6 passengers makes this a relaxing and uncrowded cruise with plenty of seating. Informative captain, who allowed passengers to steer the boat in and out of dock and also along the canals.

1  Thank Lee R
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was supposed to take a cruise on the African Queen but when I timed my arrival I was in between tours. I waited for it to get back from the tour but I couldn't go on the boat ride. It cost $49 per person, and when I talked to the people that got off the boat they enjoyed it alot. Before I talked to the people, I went to the beginning of the canal and watched the boat steam its way toward the dock. It brought back old memories about the famous movie the African Queen with Humphrey Bogart. I was down their when the Humphrey Bogart film festival was going on. I talked to the captain and I was lucky to be their when the owner was at the boat. He let me go on the boat and I took some pictures. It was a great experience and I enjoyed it very much.

1  Thank tarpon89
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I went on the African Queen Dinner Cruise in April of 2013. Actually what happens is the African Queen takes you on a half hour cruise, stops at a restaurant for about an hour and a half and then brings you back to the dock after dinner. The cruise through the canals is very nice with the captain commenting on many of the sights on the way. The dinner was just OK, nothing fancy and at an open air restaurant. I would have rated this a 4 star, but the food does not earn that rating.

2  Thank Joe R
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Last month while in Key Largo we decide to take the African Queen cruise because it is my favorite old movie. We had a great time. Our Captain knew so much about the history of the boat and the pictures from the movie were really neat. Both my husband and I got to take over the rudder for a while. We very much enjoyed the ride and would recommend this to others.

2  Thank JustKelly2