“Great value and beautiful view!”

Stone Ledge Paradise Inn Motel
Ranked #12 of 17 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Boca Raton
“Great value and beautiful view!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We arrived at the motel early and the owner let us check in early too which was already a great start for us! The room was fairly clean; however, the bed was a bit squeaky. We walked over to the connecting beach and dock and were amazed at the view! We saw several islands from where we stood and the water was the most beautiful blue/green. There was a swinging bench and several clean chairs to lay on. All our requests were accommodated for willingly by the motel owner and we were overall happy with our stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wish888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2013

In 2010, I had reservations somewhere else in Key Largo. Upon arrival, I knew it wasn't the place for me & my dog (Bruce). I drove - a little aimlessly - and turned into the Stone Ledge. It seemed my car almost made that turn on its own, as if Fate had willed it. Jose was there to greet me, as if I were a returning guest. It felt like home right away. I simply rented a unit with a kitchen sight unseen - after seeing the Sanctuary, a magical little part of the property where I could see that I could practice my yoga - I just knew this was the place for me. I've been back 3 times now, and look forward to my next trip there next week for 3 nights. I'm meeting long-time friends traveling from Colorado who'll be staying for a week.
I can't say enough about the beauty of the property and the people - especially Barb and also Jose - at this little slice of Heaven on Earth. Traveling near or far, it's important to me that the people whose guest I am, understand my needs and are there for me to make my visit a great experience. And the property itself is so special. It beats the heck out of the Hilton (to me) where I'd stayed before in Key Largo. If you're a nature-lover, a diver, a kayaker (yes, Stone Ledge's kayaks are free for all to enjoy (!) and Jose will help you put in if you need assistance), a bicyclist ... or just someone who likes to chill out & read outside as well, this is THE PLACE.
Also, it's a great "home base" if you want to explore the middle & lower Keys. When my husband and I go together, he enjoys a day trip to Key West while we stay at Stone Ledge. But honestly? We find ourselves wanting to get "home" to see the sunset. To sit on the dock or in the gorgeous and comfy new lounge chairs on the Bay there ... to unwind with drinks we make ourselves in our kitchen ... to watch our dog play while the sun sets ... to say a warm and friendly "good night ... see you tomorrow!" to Barb and Jose ... quite simply, what's not to love??!!
Yes, the rooms are clean & the beach is super well kept. But (!) It is the PEOPLE and the natural beauty of Stone Ledge Paradise Inn that make it one of my favorite places in the world to visit, over & over again. It's a one-of-a-kind treasure.
I'll be there as often as I can, always!
- Steffi, Doug (and little dog, Bruce) Goldman
Cape Coral, FL

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Steffigoldman
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed April 27, 2013

In few short words: Fantastic value! We stayed on 3 different locations during our visit of the "keys". This was definitely the best place. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was big and very clean. We loved the small relaxing place at the waterfront. New and comfortable sunbeds and in the evening it's a good idea to use the free canoes for a trip in the bay. Also fast WIFI!

Room Tip: The higher the number the further away from the street. We stayed in 20... perfect!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nhallm
north west
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The price is right here, we were being quoted 200 to 400 dollars everywhere else but got a double here for under 100 dollars. The rooms are basic and could do with a deep clean but the shower was good and the bed clean and comfortable. We were away from the road so it was quiet but I would avoid the rooms nearer the entrance. The guy in reception was extremely helpful and pleasant and there was a laid back surfy vibe to the place. The best thing about it was the little wooden dock at the end. We sat out there with a couple of beers looking at the stars and the view of the ocean, heavenly. If you want luxury, don't stay here. If you somewhere cool and cheap in a great location stay here. They also have a little meditation space with statues for doing your yoga.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NorthWestLulu
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Traveling by bike thru the keys we want to find a decent place for reasonable price. Refrig, good wi_fi. No coffee maker in the 2 bed room but the manager got us one from another room. We had our own coffee. There was nice beach area with chairs. Pictures on trip advisor make the place look a little more glamoros than it really is. Price. Lower than other places.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank OhioDave_47
Marianna, Florida
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Fantastic value! No pet fee for our dog; huge bed; squeaky clean rooms and grounds, and a beach area that looks like Jamaica! Kayak free, fish, grill and play as you wish. Jose and the staff are super nice. We were thrilled to find all we needed for $88 per night. Harriett's Restaurant up the street is very nice. Only complaint: instant coffee only available in lobby, so get a unit with a coffee maker or bring your own if you don't feel like popping over to Harriet's.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon P
mt.vernon ky.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

we are from kentucky this place is exactly what I was looking for old fla; keys at its best we fished and snorkeled in the bay caught lots of blue crab! we cooked on them on the grill by dock. sun set here is spectaculare! we have stayed here three times.the staff make you feel at home rooms are clean rates are unbeliveable for the keys we also saw manatee by the dock .wish i was there now!! craig,becky wade,and ashley.

Room Tip: get as close to the water as you can;
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family