Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Nice morning in Key Largo

First Largo diving. Quick process to finish paperwork, verify feet’s, and select weights and check... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
RUSSELLG204
New London, Ohio, USA
via mobile
Great morning for a diver and snorkeler

Reviewed January 25, 2020

Snorkel Trip
373 Reviews
from $41.03
More Info
All reviews captain steve dive shop six pack personal service top notch dive master these guys dive plan green moray smaller boat the reefs great dive experienced divers elbow reef fish full service sea conditions
Selected filters
Reviewed January 25, 2020 via mobile

Lovely morning...one of us was diving, the other snorkeling. With only six people on the boat, it was a relaxed and beautiful trip. Captain Steve brought us to perfect spots that were beautiful whether you were diving or snorkeling.

Divemaster/guide Andy showed the divers great sea life. Two green moray eels and a very large ray were the highlights, but everything was enjoyable. Andy was great at discovering small creatures to show us that made the dives even more special.

The shop was easy to deal with; I will definitely dive with them again when I return to Key Largo.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 17, 2020

My husband and I were in the area the first of December and based on reviews gave this shop a call. We were thrown a bit as we were asked if we wanted a guide on our dive. Neither of us had ever been asked that before. We said yes and they said how about tomorrow. We said ok. We were surprised to find out it was only going to be us, the dive master and the captain of the boat on our dive. WOW!!! The shop owner, I think, Louise was extremely friendly and kind. He gave us some great recommendations for food. He helped us get the right fitting gear. Diana was our dive master and she was friendly as well. Our captain was Steve. I have to give Diana and Steve a big thank you for being so kind to me. I have gained weight since the last time I dove so I was really guessing on weights. First, dive I couldn't get down and then sort of panic. One thing led to another and I was full panic attack on the surface of the water. Never had that happened to me. Steve calmed me down got me some more weight and we were able to do the dive. Even my husband was shocked at what happened. I can't explain it and I am hopeful it will never happen again. Anyway they could have been real jerks but they were so kind. We had two very long dives and it was great being just the dive master and my husband and I. The highlight for me was the sea turtles. They are beautiful. I am very glad we also had suits as on the second dive I was starting to get a bit cold. When we come back to Key Largo this will be the only shop we use. I am sure they see everything here but they are so down to earth and friendly. It was a great time and we felt so safe. Oh yea and we saw dolphins on the ride back in! How special was that!

Reviewed January 2, 2020

There a gazillion options for diving in the Keys. What stuck out to us was the limit of 6. This makes the experience so much more enjoyable in my opinion. Our son dives and we were supposed to snorkel but the waves were not appropriate for snorkeling. Just was too windy. Our son went out on his dive though and had a great time with his guide. He came back some nice pictures. I didn’t get to spend much time with the staff but the interaction was limited. They didn’t go out of their way to speak to us while waiting at the dock for the boat to come back. Some of it was just a little awkward. I wouldn’t necessarily hold that against them and would use them again especially since we were not able to directly participate and because of the limited number of people.

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

I haven’t even used their service and I am still giving them an excellent review. Why? Because, on a whim, my family and I drove down from Miami today and called to go out snorkeling. Luis (SP?) answered and after I asked about an afternoon outing, he said he would check into the weather and call me back. He called right back and said that based on tides, wind, and waves, it would not be a pleasant experience for my family. It would have been so much easier for him to take the chance, take my money, and hope I was okay with the experience. Instead he put the client before the business’ bottom line. Well played, sir. I will be back (we live in Miami) and I know where I will he going with my family and recommending to others.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 1, 2020

My wife and I prefer smaller boat operations and were appreciated the 6 person limit on their boats. Seas were a little choppy when we showed up for our dive, and before check in we were given a weather report and the option to bail if we were uncomfortable with conditions. We had not been diving in the Keys before, but the concise yet informative briefings gave us plenty of info to feel comfortable navigating the sites. We would definitely go back next time we are in the area and will recommend Quiescence to our friends.