“Snorkel-riffic!”

Quiescence Diving Services
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 1977 Quiescence has concentrated on providing it's clientele with an un-crowded and personalized way to enjoy the sport of diving - both scuba diving and snorkeling. We have three boats here at Quiescence, and each operates with a maximum of six passengers to provide each customer with personalized attention, comfort, and safety. This also gives us the ability to take our divers out to spots not normally visited by divers. Our charters operate within the Key Largo National Marine Sanctuary, John Pennekamp State Park, and beyond. Each dive location is selected first and foremost by the customer's wishes, supported by recommendations by the Captain as to local conditions.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Tampa, Florida
“Snorkel-riffic!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The first day we scheduled to snorkel, there were high winds. The staff, though, pointed us to nearby attractions we quite enjoyed. We returned the next morning and went out with Harry. I was a little unsure about him at first. He's more of the "weathered seaman" personality than the young, friendly staff we encountered elsewhere. It turned out to be just my mother, son and myself on the trip. He stopped at a sheltered but boring first place and tested my skills. Seeming satisfied, he took us to a fantastic reef he called "Pristine Reef". As soon as I got off the boat, a giant spotted eagle ray was cascading under my feet! Incredible! The beautiful coral, colorful foliage and both schools and singular fish were spectacular. My mother got sick, my son got cold and a storm was rolling in, but Harry caught on to my enthusiasm and made it his mission to ensure I got to see what he and the sea had to show. His vast knowledge and appreciation of the ocean and it's bounty was evident. As the storm rolled in, Harry's experience and excellence in piloting boats and navigating rough seas was evident.
I can't say enough great things about Quiescence and all of their staff, despite less than perfect conditions. Thanks again Harry and all for a fantastic experience!

Visited July 2013

Kure Beach NC
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you are diving and don't feel like being on a "herd" boat these guys are the answer. The have 3 six packs, any and all equipment you might need, a super helpful staff and a great Captain. We were lucky enough to have Captain Steve and he was incredible. We dove with him two days and he was helpful, listened to what we were interested in seeing and doing and brought us to excellent dive sites. We was attentive to divers both on the boat and in the water. And the way he changed over the tanks between dives was amazing to see. Everyone there from the desk staff to the interns had a smile on their face and really looked like they were interested in making your dive and excellent experience. We were so impressed with them we are diving with them again in August. Thanks everyone for making our experience excellent and memorable.

Indianapolis, Indiana
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Superb Company for Diving”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have used Quiescence Dive Center for 9 years to go diving in Key Largo. They are the best! The boats are small (maximum of 6 divers) so when you enter the water you are not among a crowd of people. Their boat captains are very knowledgeable and share details of the dive sites as well as Key Largo in general. You can't go wrong using this dive operation!

1 Thank Scubaqueen01
Mendota, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good first impression....”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We scheduled two days of diving and snorkeling with Quiescence approximately two months in advance of our trip. We spent the first day brushing up our scuba skills with Matt. The family enjoyed his easy manner and appreciated his knowledge of diving. Nice job Matt! At the end of the first day, we enquired about the second outing. We were told that the boats were booked but they could put us on standby. We were disappointed but didn't take issue. That next morning a staff member called and told us the boat was leaving in ten minutes and wanted to know why we weren't there yet. When I told him our status was merely standby and since we had not heard from them, we made other plans. His tenor went from bad to worse. He was apparently blaming us for screwing up his schedule and for loss of revenue. Not fully understanding the situation or his lousy attitude, I found myself apologizing and hung up. I regrettably cannot recommend Quiescence. There our some underlying problems that need to addressed.

3 Thank Mike H
Quiescence Divi... S, Guest Relations Manager at Quiescence Diving Services, responded to this review, January 8, 2015
Thank you very much for your review. We love to deliver to your expectations. We hope to see you back soon, we have even more minnows in the summer months!
Raleigh, North Carolina
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Dive Center”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We went on 5 dive trips with Quiescence this May. Wonderful experience. Very comfortable and plenty of room on the boat since it is a six-pack boat (only 6 divers per boat). The boat captains were fantastic at finding good dive spots away from the crowds with plenty of fish and coral. We got good overviews of the sites before we dove. The captain helps you get your tank on while you sit on the boat edge and when you surface takes your tank and switches it out for you. I highly recommend Quiescence.

Visited May 2013