“A diving dream”

Quiescence Diving Services
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 1977 Quiescence has concentrated on providing it's clientele with an un-crowded and personalized way to enjoy the sport of diving - both scuba diving and snorkeling. We have three boats here at Quiescence, and each operates with a maximum of six passengers to provide each customer with personalized attention, comfort, and safety. This also gives us the ability to take our divers out to spots not normally visited by divers. Our charters operate within the Key Largo National Marine Sanctuary, John Pennekamp State Park, and beyond. Each dive location is selected first and foremost by the customer's wishes, supported by recommendations by the Captain as to local conditions.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very professional operation. The compressor area and cylinder store was spotless, the friendliness and skill of the staff first class. They were not upset by my requesting DIN cylinders. The maximum group size of 6 is superb. I would recommend them to any UK divers visiting Key Largo.

Geoff Lord BSAC Advanced Diver/ OWI

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Their staff know what they are doing and are very friendly. I had a problem clearing my ears but the dive guide handled the situation perfectly.

We went out with them 2 days in a row. They keep their groups very small (6 or less) so it is very efficient. They know the areas of interest very well.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Guy Sheets (name out of an Elmore Leonard novel) runs a nice little shop. They get you into the equipment you need and out on the water quickly and efficiently. Harry was our boat driver -- he certainly knew his way out to the reef, but wasn't as voluble with facts and stories as some. In all, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Quiescence as a way to get out onto the reef, either snorkeling or scuba diving.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Dive every day subject to 2 divers. 3 on the boat I went on. Dive boat captain and only crew member said we could choose the dive site so we let him choose we went to the Elbow . We were the only boat so had the site to ourselves.
Competitively priced as ~I guess most sites charge the same but we had the advantage of just 3 of us so no day trippers or snorkelers.

1  Thank BrianLincolnshireUK
Reviewed January 17, 2013

just got back from a trip to the keys and wanted to share my experience with quiescence.

i inquired there the day before i wanted to make a dive and was told there would be a dive the followiing morning, they even recommened a clean, inexpensive place to stay close by!

i showed up the next morning and was informed that the other diver had yet to show up and we would wait in the hopes that they would show up. after about a half hour it was clear that the others were no-shows. i was expecting the dive to be cancelled, instead of cancelling the dive they told me they were have one of their divemasters (ben) come out with me.

the boat was small, clean and comfortable.
the equiptment i rented was in good shape which hasn't always been my experience.

scott the captian was friendly and knowledgeable and gave good briefings, took us to the dive sites "spikes" and "slabs", about 30 minutes from the diveshop. the dive shop is on the bayside and travels through the mangroves to the ocean - nice!
ben was a great dive buddy.

we saw something of everything the keys has to offer!

i know who i'll be diving with on future vists to key largo and recommend them to anyone tried of the the larger boats full of divers you'd rather not dive with.

p.s. has anyone else wondered how some on this site will write that they had "the worst
experience of their lives" and still ends ends up giving the place in question a 2 out of 5 points?