Review Highlights
Willing to accommodate clients with different options.

I went to the Florida keys late May, early June last year to fish for giant tarpon on the fly. I... read more

Reviewed February 22, 2018
MarkN1911
Navajo Dam, New Mexico
Tarpon on the Fly

My wife and I were able to spend the day chucking flies to migratory tarpon on the flats with Capt... read more

Reviewed May 22, 2017
Ben W
via mobile

All reviews the florida keys fish day trip tarpon aggie capt
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Captain Augie's brand new Contender boat wasn't ready yet, so we took a trip fishing the flats of Flamingo. Although wind was whipping and clarity was tough, Augie put me on the fish! Numerous reds were caught and released, great time on the water. I have fished with Augie numerous times now and he runs a great operation. I also enjoy leaving out of Anglers Club where he keeps his boat, it's the quickest trip to the fishing grounds. I highly recommend booking Augie for next offshore trip in the Keys

Date of experience: April 2014
2  Thank Cody V
HereFish, Owner at Here Fishy Charters, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2014

It is always a great experience going deep into Everglades National Park whether or not you catch fish, but catching is really a treat. Glad we could find some nice fish and can't wait to fish with you again.

Augie

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Captain Augie was great with my 2 kids, ages 7 & 9. They loved fishing and this charter with Captain Augie was the highlight of our trip to the Florida Keys!

1  Thank GoGreen1988

I'm glad you had such a great time and I can't wait to fish with you and your family again. It sure was an exciting day and one I'm sure the kids won't forget soon. Thanks again!

Augie

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My father in law and I went fishing with Capt. Augie on the Here Fishy this past week for a half-day, afternoon trip. The boat was clean and comfortable, with every imaginable type of tackle. We fished the patch reefs for Hogfish and landed eight, six of which were keepers. We also caught parrotfish, yellowtail and porgies.

Capt. Augie was extremely knowledgeable about the local waters. After a short 20-30 minute run from the Angler's Club marina, we were anchored up and on the fish.

We had such a great time that we ended up asking Augie and his wife to join us at Lazy Days to enjoy the Hogfish we caught (highly recommended Lazy Days style).

Capt. Augie works hard to make sure everyone has a good time and catches fish. I would absolutely recommend Here Fishy to anyone looking for a great charter experience in the upper Keys. Speaking with Augie, he loves to have kids and families on the boat and I could see where he would be a great instructor and provide encouragement to younger anglers.

Date of experience: March 2014
HereFish, Owner at Here Fishy Charters, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thanks for the positive review! And also thank you for the dinner invite. The fish was fantastic. It was a pleasure meeting and fishing with your father in law. Once he got past the urge to set the hook bass fishin' style he did really well! I always enjoy being on the water with you and I can't wait to fish together again.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Booked a long weekend trip to escape to Key Largo and out of the Midwest cold. Fished with Captain Moss on Sunday March 2. Went for reef fish with light tackle. First fish was a 6 lb gag grouper. Caught more yellow snappers than we could count. Brought in few hogish and finished the day with a 5lb red grouper. The groupers were out of season so we released them but fun to catch in any event. Great boat, great captain and great gear. Captain Moss knows the key largo fishery and has the right personality for a top notch guide.

Date of experience: March 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
HereFish, Owner at Here Fishy Charters, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review my business. It was a thrill to be there with you when you caught your first grouper… and your second! As you said; what a great day on the water. I'm really looking forward to our next trip and to fishing again with you and your kids. I'm sure it will be as memorable as this trip was.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My family of 4 met up with Captain Augie early in the morning for a full day trip of off and in-shore fishing. I have a 9 year old daughter and 11 year old son who have a fair amount of fishing experience for their age. The Captain quickly assessed the age of my crew, wind conditions, and the current "hot bite" in order to come up with an exciting plan for the day.

Between catching our own bait, heading a few miles out for yellowtail/mackerel/dolphin, then ending up anchored closer to shore for mutton snapper and hogfish, Capt. Augie did a fantastic job of teaching and allowing them to do things like baiting and casting their own poles.

Keeping two young children entertained for whole day on the water is no easy task. "Here Fishy Charters" did a fantastic job of mixing various species and fishing techniques which made for one the best outdoor experiences we have ever shared. We are already planning our next fishing adventure with Captain Augie.

Whether I am taking the entire family or a few buddies from work, I am confident the crew aboard "Here Fishy" will provide an excellent trip! The boat is very clean, and I found that being in the faster center console boat allowed for more fishing options then large slow vessels where you seem to spend more time "getting there" than actually fishing!

Date of experience: October 2013
HereFish, Owner at Here Fishy Charters, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for the positive review, Erin. It was such a pleasure watching the kids get excited about fishing and having such a good time. I had a great time fishing with you and your family and I look forward to our next outing.