“Small is the new BIG......... THIS is diving (or whatever your pleasure) at it's BEST!”

Pleasure Diver, Scuba,Snorkel & Training Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Would you prefer a day on a 40-foot dive boat with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 passengers per trip. We offer half-day scuba diving, snorkeling, PADI scuba certifications, DAN classes, complete gear rental, guided or independent, you can even buy an underwater video of your group. The first booking gets to pick the type of charter. We are located beside the Holiday Inn, mile marker 100 in Key Largo, FL. (see Google maps) Call for reservations & availability.
Arkansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We enjoyed our recent excursions with Pleasure Divers very, very much. They know where all the great dive sites are located, and took us to some beautiful locations. Gino and Kim are friendly, chatty, and welcoming, and you feel like you've been invited into their home (and, since they live on the boat, you really have).

I loved that this was not a "cattle cruise", and, though my boyfriend and I were the only passengers on each day of diving, we liked knowing that they don't book a lot of people; their max is 6. They will pretty much take you wherever you wish to go, though they might make recommendations if your preferences are spaced too far apart to do in a single day, or if the weather isn't cooperating. Since we were using them the next day as well, they kept our scuba equipment on the boat overnight, and it was ready to go the next morning..... no losing track of masks or fins, no ending up with someone else's stuff. There is a fresh water tank on the dock for rinsing equipment just steps from the boat.....SOOO convenient.

My boyfriend is a Scuba instructor, I'm an experienced diver, and on our second day of diving, they let us dive a wreck and the Christ of the Abyss statue on our own, which we enjoyed very much. The boat was comfortable and fantastic; I do usually get seasick, but I never did on these dives. The rides to the dive sites and back were so peaceful and relaxing.

Whether you are novice divers, and require more personal attention, or if you are experienced divers, and wish to dive unassisted or with a guide, this dive op is for you. After diving with Pleasure Divers, I would NEVER go back to the large dive ops again if I have anything to say about it, as I now see that there are so many advantages to diving with Pleasure Divers. These were probably the best dives we have ever had, and were definitely the longest. I HIGHLY recommend!

Russellville, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Time with Pleasure Divers”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

My girlfriend and I just returned from Key Largo and diving with Pleasure Divers. Uncrowded as they only take a maximum of six divers. Great boat with bean bag chairs on the bow for a comfortable ride to the dive site. Hot shower to rinse off with. Geno and Kim were very friendly, laid back and very accommodating taking us to sites we chose everyday. They had really good snacks for the surface interval. It goes without saying that the diving was awesome. They had fresh water station for cameras. Nice fresh water rinse tub for equipment at the dock. I highly recommend Pleasure Divers for a very memorable dive experience in Key Largo!!!

PleasureDiver, Owner at Pleasure Diver, Scuba,Snorkel & Training Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
Thank you for choosing Pleasure Diver. We always enjoy having Professional Divers on the boat! We're looking forward to you bringing your friends next time.
Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Almost made a huge mistake by going with one of the other larger dive shops. Pleasure Divers simply can't be beat due to their professionalism and down to earth approach to safe, fun diving! This was our first trip to the keys and they made it remarkable. The personal attention and max of 6 divers made it our best yet! You will not be disappointed! Thank Pleasure Divers! We will definitely be back!
Major M and J

Thank you for choosing Pleasure Diver. We were happy to complete your Advance Open Water Training. You guys did great!
Orlando, Florida
“Beautiful Diving, Exceptional Hosts”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

The diving in Key Largo is fantastic; I don't think anyone could argue otherwise! Kim and Gino know all the best dive sites for every interest- wrecks, reefs or tons of sea life (my favorite!). What makes the Pleasure Diver special are the personal touches. I am working on my Advanced Certification and Kim (she's a Master Scuba Diver Trainer- talk about learning from the best!) is so patient and thorough. Captain Gino knows the best mooring balls and expertly maneuvers the boat (42 feet, I think) past the ‘cattle boats’ while I’m lounging on the bow on one of the super comfy bean bag chairs. When I get out of the water, there are always snacks and drinks ready for me and the other passengers (they only take out 6 people at a time). If you are planning a trip in South Florida, you have to go snorkel or dive with Kim and Gino on the Pleasure Diver! You won’t regret it!

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are looking forward to completing your Advanced Open Water with you! The bean bags are waiting!
Seminole, Florida
“Eagle Ray Alley on Molasses Reef, Key Largo”
Reviewed July 2, 2010

What an awesome snorkel with Pleasure Diver! I had just jumped into the water at Molasses Reef and saw this large dark object beneath a reef ledge. It was huge and I couldn't figure out what it was. Was it a large nurse shark? As I swam closer I came face to face with a massive goliath grouper. I surfaced to call Kim, the diver master over to film this awesome creature as it swam leisurely along the reef. That was just the beginning! Next a pair of elegant eagle rays swam out of the deep, right past us. We followed along until they swam off, only to have them circle back around later to revisit us. The depth and clarity of the water mixed with the large encounters make Eagle Ray Alley a must see and my favorite place in the keys! Bring a camera!!!

PleasureDiver, Owner at Pleasure Diver, Scuba,Snorkel & Training Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
We're glad you enjoyed your snorkeling experience! I'm sure you have received the DVD you purchased of your trip.
Pleasure Diver can arrange for anyone to have a Underwater DVD of your group enjoying your Dive or Snorkel trip. Please make arrangements when making reservations. This will ensure that we are prepared to capture your adventure for you to share with friends and family back home.