“Beautiful "Secret Garden" bayside resort, you have to go!”
Review of Coconut Bay Resort

Coconut Bay Resort
Ranked #6 of 17 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a beautiful small, quiet, family or couples resort, perfect for a restful break or longer holiday. Everything you need is here, lush well established gardens, pretty and comfortable well-equipped self-contained cottages, each with BBQ and outdoor dining area, comfortable beds, wonderful friendly customer service from the owner and Team. Owner lives on site; this is a well-established and clean resort. Nothing is too much trouble. Facilities on site include a pool (cooled in summer!), two north-shore beach-style coves for wading, snorkeling or swimming, kayaks, pedalos, shaded areas with loungers, a tikki hut by the water, a small boardwalk into the bay, and fabulous sunset views in the evening. Plenty of on-site parking or park beside your cottage. We went in July, the weather happened to be perfect, and we will go back in the future. Resort is close to nice restaurants, and only a short drive from John Pennekamp State Park and other attractions. Resort is easy to find yet totally secluded. You have to go!!

Room Tip: Cottages 1 through 4 are closest to the water. We stayed in cottage 7, and we still had a water vie...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol D
There are newer reviews for Coconut Bay Resort

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and were supposed to travel down to Key West ...but after getting into the 'relaxed' key spirit we just stayed our entire trip in Coconut Bay. It is in the perfect little slice of heaven. While there are many places in the keys that look great on their website and then disappoint in person, I can honestly say that Coconut Bay delivers!!! cleanliness, friendliness and that "KEY" experience that you are heading here to get. The owner was wonderful in recommending places to eat/drinks/ sightseeing . and those SCONES!!!!.....sshhhh don't let anyone else know..... but they place fresh scones out every morning with the free coffee for the guests!!! I meant to ask for the recipe but forgot.....oh well, at least I have another reason to return.
Also the bayside water access is wonderful for those looking to do a little snorkeling or even diving. I took myself right out into the water directly in front of the resort and saw baraccuda, a dolphin and a MANATEE!! Normally I NEVER dive alone but my buddy was on shore sick and I was only 25 feet from the getty in less than 10 feet of water. Very safe with no boats pulling in close to the resort to block your sunset views.
I will be returning in December to recapture that "KEY" feeling and I will be sitting right on the getty with my glass of wine and my best friend Mr Pelican. Thank you Coconut Bay for wonderful memories.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CapeMayBeachBunny
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Wow. This place is really special. We have only just left & are trying to eork out how quickly we can get back!
Perfect location - an hour from miami - and only a day trip return to Key West.
The staff (and owner) are just wonderful!
We stayed in cabin no. 2 right on the waterfront. Beautifully styled, perfect sized and the airconditioning is wonderful.
They provide snorkeling gear - and you can snorkel right off their pier.
Every morning there were the most amazing scones - all gorgeous flavours - and fresh coffee for guests - made by the owner. Yum!
Thank you for a beautiful break! :)

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank cathiecatt
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed 4 nights and had a fantastic stay! The grounds are well maintained and so beautiful! The rooms are very clean, spacious and very comfortable. There are grills on the grounds to cook your own and dishes supplied. The pool is very relaxing, very warm and surrounded by lush greenery and palms. The owner makes scones each morning and serves with coffee. Very well run and friendly. The sunsets are not to be missed and they also provide kayaks and peddle boats, no charge. You will not be disappointed by any room but will go with an ocean view cottage next time!

Room Tip: Go for the oceanview rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank songlow
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Lovely location on the shore ideal for travelling down the keys & to everglades. We had room 22 for 3 nights and would have liked to stay longer. Very comfortable queen beds. If staying more than a few days splurge on a cabin even if just 2 of you.No 3overlooks the sea. Friendly helpful staff.amazing home baked scones & coffee available every morning. Will recommend to friends & family. Very close to Dolphin Cove,a must for a fabulous experience swimming with dolphins.

Room Tip: Cabins/ 1 bedroom cottages better for longer stay
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Susan H
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times and each experience was awesome! This is just a great place if you want to relax and enjoy the beauty and peace of the Keys. It is quiet and is one of the best places I have watched the sunset. (I live in Naples and I've witnessed some great sunsets) I've stayed in 3 different rooms and each one was very clean and recently updated. 2 of the rooms I stayed in were small but again comfortable and clean. Not sure what brand of beds they have but very comfy! The staff is incredibly friendly and accomadating and I'm hoping to spend my 50th Birthday there. I may even treat myself to a room closer to the water. My last trip I got up early and snorkeled around the area....it was so cool! The grounds are beautifully landscaped and the pool area is very nice too. If you are looking for a rowdy party place this is not it, to me this is what the Keys are all about! A little piece of paradise!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Christine C
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Friendly staff, clean room. Made for a great getaway over Valentine's Day in the keys. As a professional vacation rental stager, I definitely have high expectations and a critical eye. I'd certainly stay here again. We were in room 21.

Room Tip: For a longer stay, if you think you'll spend a lot of time a the resort I would definitely try f...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple