The Key Largo Conch House Restaurant & Coffee Bar
Ranked #21 of 143 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Monday-Friday, 8 am-10 pm, Sat.-Sun. 8 am-10 pm Credit cards accepted Pet Friendly (leashed, friendly pets allowed) Kids Menu beer, wine, and espresso Homemade Desserts Fresh local seafood
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We ended up having dinner here after being snubbed by Snooks - it turned out to be a good thing. Our food and service was great. The conch appetizer was outstanding - the conch fritters are great. The lobster bisque was only ok but the scallops were amazing - and they were very accommodating when we asked to substitute the polenta for garlic mashed potatoes - yum. The staff was nice. We are very likely to return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,640)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Excellent menu, drinks, service!!! I had coconut fish tacos. So incredibly good! The conch fritters were the best I have ever had, and I've had a lot over the years. A must stop if you are in the Floirda Keys.

1  Thank Tammy C
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Best coconut key lime pie we have eaten on this trip to the Florida Keys. Friendly staff and amazing atmosphere, especially if you go late afternoon between lunch and dinner. You can't visit Key Largo without stopping here. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This place is a coffe bar that serves food. Keep that in mind and I think you'll be ok, just don't sit outside. There were six of us, I had a reservation and they status outside under the tent. It was blazing hot and they didn't have a single fan. I felt like I was melting. Unfortunately, the food didn't make up for it. Big sign up front says lion fish served here, so I was super excited and then super disappointed when I was told they didn't have any. So I got the conch, seemed like a good idea at the conch house. Nope. Totally bland and tough and the conch chowder was only mediocre. All in all, it was a big let down and our least favorite place of the 5 places we had dinner while in key largo.
I'd give it one star, but the staff was super nice and attentive.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was so bummed about this place. It looked so good online. I got the conch platter... all the food was bland and really needed salt, which was really unusual (usually food is a little TOO salty at restaurants). The cracked conch was dry and overcooked, as were the conch fritters. The worst part was that part of my conch fritter was so burned it was rock-hard and I really hurt my tooth on it... it felt like a rock. When I brought it to the attention of the waitress, she was like "oh yeah, that's just the burned part, sometimes the fryers do that, sorry." Like it was just something that happens all the time! LUCKILY I did not crack my tooth but my back two molars throbbed all night. My husband's tuna was also not fresh and smelled a little funky. So, if you want bland food, apathetic service, and damaged crowns, this is your place! I know I won't be back.