“Bad conch dinner”

The Key Largo Conch House Restaurant & Coffee Bar
Ranked #17 of 134 Restaurants in Key Largo
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Monday-Friday, 11 am-9 pmSat.-Sun. 8 am - 10 pmCC acceptedPet Friendly (leashed, friendly pets allowed)Kids Menubeer, wine, and espressoHomemade DessertsFresh local seafood
Key Largo, Florida
“Bad conch dinner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Conch was not tenderized and hd no flavor, generally I love conch but bad job done by restaurant of same name

2 Thank Keysmedic_13

Miami
“Good Fish Tacos and Craft Beer here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Enticed by the signs for the Award winning conch fritters, we stopped here on the way home to Miami. Ironically, the conch fritters were the least favorite of our dishes but there were other items that redeemed themselves. A funky little restaurant, with a garden to walk through and outside seating available (we opted inside), this spot seemed to be filled mostly with tourists. We ordered the conch fritters (also featured on Man Vs. Food) and coconut shrimp with two beers. Craft beers, regular beers and wine are available. The conch fritters come six to an order and are served with Calypso (pink mayo based sauce). They were dark brown on the outside, and dark on the inside with nice chunks of conch. The "touch of curry" described on the menu may have been the cause of the dark iinterior and the fritters, while nicely crunchy,were kind of dense, not light and pillowy as I believe the best fritters are. The coconut shrimp, were large shrimp, covered in coconut, fried and served with an orange marmalade. My husband, a coconut hater, really liked them. They were crunchy, and tasty. The last thing we ordered, fish tacos, also won an award noted on the menu and came with choices of tuna, mahi, shrimp or snapper. We got snapper and the kitchen split the order for us- nice touch. The two flour tortillas were filled with nicely cooked snapper strips, sliced red cabbage, pico de gallo and a creamy (Calypso?) sauce. This was my favorite dish here. It is a large menu, with homemade desserts and service was good. Prices are about typical for the Keys. I would definitely come back and try other dishes.

1 Thank Glee47
Georgia
“Worth coming to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Even though it's right on US 1, this little place can be easily overlooked, hidden amongst the trees. Outdoor seating is available, but we decided to sit inside to keep cool. There is a large TV in the dining area which shows divers off the coast of Key Largo exploring reefs and wrecks, as well as the sea life that lives there. It's very entertaining, but a notice that the DVD is for sale in the restaurant (for $30!) makes it almost feel like you're watching an advertisement. The tables for 4 are small, and as we ordered the sampler platter for an appetizer and they bring you rolls as well, we were constantly having to shuffle our plates. This is the only restaurant I have been to in the last 10 years that still brings you a glass of water as soon as you sit down. The menu selection is wide, and we each had something different. My grandson got a steak (I don't remember which one) and as soon as he took a bite he was scraping the top of it; apparently he didn't like the seasoning. I took a bit of it and it seemed OK to me. I had the stuffed hogfish which was great, and my girlfriend had the coconut shrimp which was good, but not awesome (I guess coconut shrimp is coconut shrimp, as it seems to taste the same everywhere). All in all, a pleasant dining experience and a place I recommend.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Buckmode
Kissimmee, Florida
“Seek out and enjoy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Saw this place on Man vs Food from the travel network, and just had to sample it for ourselves. We were not disappointed! Their specialty the fried Conch Fritters were awesome! I had a delicious salad with pink shrimp and my hubby a Hog fish panini which was hot and tasty! Prices are reasonable and the service very good. We especially enjoyed their specialty teas that are served in a fancy carafe with 2 huge glasses of ice to keep your tea nice and cold!!! It's brewed fresh so you can enjoy it hot also. A nice family owned business which I enjoyed reading about their history on the back of the menu! We will definitely go back!!!

1 Thank 1995win
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overall surprisingly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We found this place by accident while driving to Key West. The atmosphere was nice, but a little close to the main road. The wait staff was very helpful and friendly. They served a split portion of food for my daughters when they ordered a seafood pasta dish to share.
The food was excellent. We really enjoyed the conch fritters and conch chowder. I had an excellent chicken roulade and the fish of the day was done very well. I rarely write reviews and don't know what else to say other than I think you should try this place.

1 Thank trappermd