“Another Great Stay!”

Key West Inn - Key Largo
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Like this place so much I decided to return again, I also have plans to stay with them in August. The staff are always friendly/smiling and very attentive. I’m making this place my home away from home while in Key Largo.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Key West Inn - Key Largo

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent 10 fabulous days at the Key West Inn. Coffee on the terrace every morning, boats passing by in the canal. l enjoyed the fact of having a bedroom upstairs and full bath. Downstairs a big couch and TV next to the kitchen i cooked in a couple of nights. The two people at the desk were always friendly and we became friends. I had come to the Keys to do some paintings and eat a lot of shrimp, did both. A very nice and friendly maid kept my room super clean the entire 10 days.
Total enjoyment. Would love to stay there again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the center of the Inn, better view of the passing boats.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Olsenecker
Reviewed July 7, 2012

First off, I have to get something off my chest in general regarding negative comments. While I respect, everyone's right to register complaints, some of the almost impossible expectations that many travelers have tell me more about THEM than the places visited. Each location should be analyzed for what it offers based on like comparisons, that is, judging a mom and pop place against, say, Paradise Island is a teense unrealistic! That said, let me tell you about Key Largo Inn:Location, location, location!!! On a canal/dock area that houses the restored AFRICAN QUEEN. Sure, a bit of a tourist trap, but an interesting story. Restaurants within walking distance and located on the water. Inn is CLEAN and the staff was friendly. Small, but clean pool, handicap-accessible. Large master. Full-sized kitchen with small table adjacent to the screened balcony. What a pleasure to sit in the light breeze and watch the AFRICAN QUEEN tours and assorted fishing boats! Decor is dated, but maintained well. Who stays inside looking at walls when there's a balcony anyway?!? Our ONLY complaint was that both toilets had issues with the tanks and flushing, but we're handy and survived. If we had been staying longer, I probably would have asked for maintenance. Unit was 2-story, so I would recommend that if you have knee problems,etc. that the steep stairs to the master would probably be something to consider. All in all, it is a remnant of the old fish-camp days; lots of fishermen, divers,etc. By no means what one might consider fancy! BUT, I would go again in a heartbeat simply because of its location and the laid-back atmosphere! (Please note, I give this place a 5 because of the overall enjoyment factor, not because of furnishings and amenities!)

Room Tip: Again, please make sure that you can handle stairs! Not sure if they have anything other that the la...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank elleTybeeIsland
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Like "Arnold" said "I'll be back". Solid experience, above average accomodations especially for the price. Very friendly and helpful front desk and housekeeping service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Hello,
Thank you for choosing the Key West Inn. We are pleased to see that you had a great stay and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Had a terrible experience at this hotel. Visited with my friend, and two young children. My friend was locked out of the room late at night because of an electrical problem with the lock. My children and I were asleep in the upstairs portion so did not hear the knocking and cell phone was off. Management finally let her sleep in an adjacent room until the locksmith could arrive which wasn't until morning. At 5:30 am the locksmith attempted to come in through the front window which scared my 5 year old daughter to death. Although this situation could've been easily addressed by a typical hotel manager, with a simple apology, they instead accused me of having the deadbolt locked (which I didn't) and charged us for an extra night!! I was also verbally assaulted by the front desk girl who refused to give us a refund or even speak with the manager stating he had left in the middle of the night to go "out on the ocean" for the weekend and was unreachable. This whole situation is so surreal that I still can't believe these people run a business. Room was dirty and worn and there was no view other than a canal with a loud bar on the other side.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Melissa,
I am a bit confused by this perception of the situation that happened here. Your friend did get locked out of the room, but it was not anything to do with our lock or anything electrical, it was due to the dead bolt being latched from the inside. We only assumed there to be a problem with the lock because your friend told us that she was here alone. We would have called your room and asked that someone open the door if she would have let us know.
I would also like to apologize for the confusion with me not being around to assist, but that was not a Locksmith at your door at 5 a.m., it was me the General Manager. I was able to find another way into the room only to find the dead bolt locked. I was startled to hear other people upstairs after being told that your friend was here alone. I also let you know that your friend had new keys for the room after we made numerous copies trying to get in.
I believe there is some confusion with your billing issue as well. We did not charge you a night for the other room. I feel that we were extremely generous and accomodating by only charging a cleaning fee which only amounted to a fraction of what a typical night would have cost.
I am very sorry that your time in the Keys did not go as planned, but I do hope you find the time to verify your friends story before placing the blame on the Key West Inn, its staff, and management.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have stayed here a few times because we like the inn and the location. This is a fully furnished townhouse with a screened balcony. We like sitting on the balcony because it overlooks a canal with plenty of action. I would say bring earplugs because the bands that play over there on Saturday nights aren't always that good, but they leave by 11pm. This location is central to everything on Key Largo and the staff is very friendly and helpful. There is not room service daily at 10 and this was very welcome for us. We did not have bedbugs or any other bugs. The room might be a tad rough but I slept well. The only thing one might have difficulty with is the steep stairs to get up to the room and then to get upstairs to the bedroom. But for that you also get covered parking. This is our home away from home in Key Largo.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sharona327
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is the second time that my sister and I have stayed here. This place is a little funky and outdated-looking from the outside, but so what! It is roomy enough for us to live in! The rooms are 2-story townhouses with 2 full bathrooms and a full kitchen. I slept in the bedroom upstairs that has a queen bedroom and bath. My sister slept in the living room downstairs on the fold-out sofa. She also had a full bath. Both of our rooms had TVs. We both took showers at the same time and our water pressure was fine. It was good to have a hotel where we could have our own space and some "alone time" after being together all day.

There is a small pool, although we didn't swim in it since we spent the day in the ocean. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and watching boats float down the canal. There is a bar across the canal that had a band playing live-music on Saturday night, but they quit playing some time around 10:30. We make it a practice to travel with ear plugs so the band didn't bother us at all.

This is not an elegant resort; however, it is reasonably priced and very roomy. Our place was clean. I did not encounter the dirt or peeling paint that MikeWebb219 did, so maybe the management took notice and fixed it. Again, we like the price, location and spaciousness of this place and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends