“You can't control the weather.”

Keys Diver Snorkel & Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Keys Diver offers 3 Snorkel tours and 2 SCUBA trips, daily, to the reefs and wrecks of Pennekamp Park and the National Marine Sanctuary in Key Largo, Florida. We are a PADI Dive Center and provide snorkel and SCUBA instruction.
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

On a day with better weather, this would be a must see. Awesome staff, and the makings of an awesome trip. Waves, jelly fish and cloudy water today made it a little less than ideal, but I would definitely go out with them again on a day with better weather!

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"wet suits"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed October 31, 2013

When we went to the store to sign up we were greeted by the most energetic person we met the entire vacation. We signed up for the 4 hr. snorkel trip and were told right away that we would not be seeing the Jesus statue. We went to the boat and were unenthusiastically greeted by the Captain. Before shoving off we were explained the rules of the boat and snorkeling in the Keys (don't touch anything). Once under way Dive-master Tim taught us all we needed to know about snorkeling. The trip out took about an hour. Once on location both Captain Keven and Tim were very helpful and encouraging. The water was a little rough but it was neat seeing all the fish and the coral. We stopped at 2 spots to snorkel and that was plenty for me. My wife was pretty anxious at first by the crew was able to give her the confidence to go back in the water and she had a good time. After the one hour ride back in we tipped the Dive-master Tim $10.00 and that ended our snorkel adventure.

1  Thank edbishop55
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Let's start out from the beginning. I was a newly certified diver who had never taken a dive in the ocean before, only in quarries. My parents came with me, but they decided to snorkel instead because they were not certified. Our crew was Captain Dave and Diver Allison. They were amazing, fun and made me feel safe on the boat. We went to Molasses Reef.
I was scared out my wits for barracuda, sharks, dolphins and anything that was potentially dangerous. They made me feel safe and okay about diving in the ocean for the first time.

Molasses Reef was beautiful. The day we went was perfect, and it was only Allison and I scuba diving. The visibility was 80 feet, there were barely waves and the water temperature and air temperature were 83 degrees. I saw so many things such as a school of barracuda, a nurse shark, the 400 pound Goliath Grouper named Mo, parrotfish playing with each other, and one little fish followed me the whole entire first dive!

The only problem I had was that there were a bunch of jellyfish on our way to get back on the boat. It obviously is not Key Divers fault, but Allison put herself in front of me and moved the jellyfish out of the way for me so I would not get stung.

In all, Key Divers is where I am going next!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was a good snorkel trip both the captain and dive master were professional and informative.
We went straight to the Christ statue the sea was a little rough and visibility slightly impaired but once you negotiated the few jellyfish the sight was amazing. We done another 2 dives further along the same reef (only about 1/2 mile apart) plenty of fish to see even a stingray but again visibility a bit poor. We would recommend Keys and will probably use them again..

1  Thank Mark H