“Nice not to have a cattle call!”

Keys Diver Snorkel & Scuba
Ranked #8 of 120 Tours in Key Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: Keys Diver offers 3 Snorkel tours and 2 SCUBA trips, daily, to the reefs and wrecks of Pennekamp Park and the National Marine Sanctuary in Key Largo, Florida. We are a PADI Dive Center and provide snorkel and SCUBA instruction.
Roaming Endlessly
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Nice not to have a cattle call!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went snorkeling with Keys Diver today aboard the Keys Diver II. Normally we would dive, but as we had a non-diver friend with us, snorkeling was the order of the day. I'm leery when any operator mixes snorkelers and divers, but with only 10 people or so on the boat, it was a great experience and not crowded at all. Our captain was knowledgeable, courteous and very amiable, and the first mate was as well. Our boat left at 1pm and did a double stop, and returned just after 5pm.

We've either snorkeled or dove with most of the other operators in Key Largo, and we'd come back to Keys Diver in the future. We have some photos of the dive location on our website as well.

Visited June 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
117 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Get 3 different locations”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This snorkel boat takes you ten miles out from the Pennekamp Park to 3 different locations. Each of these is remarkably shallow considering how far out it is so much that you have to go around the coral and not over it as your fins would damage the protected reefs. The grecian reef was colorful as we took the noon trip and the sun really accented the coral. Fish were numerous but not large. The Christ statue given to us by the French is on the next spot and was my favorite. It was a deeper area and so you could go over the top of the reef and see much of the "hidden" wildlife--beautiful colors like purple and orange. The 3rd spot was less of the coral and surprisely enough had different varieties of fish than the others. We were lucky as there were only 2 other snorket boats and they seemed to be viewing another closeby spots so we didn't bump into each other. Capt. Kevin was fun to listen to and make the trip enjoyable with his approach. Gear was santitized well. Cold drinks and snacks are available for sale. We payed for the trip the day before so didn't have to come much earlier than the 12:15 departure. $35.95 for 2 hours. (Our trip actually got back at 4.) Much better value than the 1 location for 1 hour at $28.95 at 9 am. Underwater cameras are available for sale.

2 Thank AwesomeladyUS
Annapolis, Maryland
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great time, but prefer smaller group”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our earlier plans cancelled due to the weather (first tour booked was on smaller boat) so we book on their morning tour at the last minute. They had a larger boat and was ok to heading out to White Banks in spite of some moderate wind. Tim was personable and informative. We had our own snorkel gear so I cannot comment on their equipment. Only negative I thought was that it was a relatively large group. I tend to prefer smaller groups, but again, this is just my personal preference.

1 Thank fooman76
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We went diving with keys diver and then went on a snorkel trip a few days later. We enjoyed the company of Jordan and Nikki. We did the resort dive course and dove the Christ Statue and a beautiful reef. It was amazing! We saw so much that it was hard to absorb it all! We went back for the snorkel trip with low expectations because it would have been hard to top the dives. It was actually an awesome experience. It was completely relaxing. I could float in one spot and take in so many beautiful things. The entire staff was awesome and personable. I would go again!

1 Thank Tomster49
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Attentive, knowledgeable staff”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Booking here was very easy to start, and the prices were competitive, which is why I chose this company. We went to 3 locations, although i actually liked the third stop (Greek something?) better than the statue. Tim did a great job of taking care of everyone on board, and making sure that they had absolutely everything that they needed. I went on my own so it was really great having someone check in with me. The driver knew a ton about the fish and the reef, making the trip unexpectedly educational, as well. Above all, the snorkeling was absolutely amazing, and this was the most variety of fish I've ever seen. I already want to go back!