“Splurge Worthy”

Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stopped in for the second time on a Friday night. Once again we were not disappointed. My husband had Alfred's burrito. Fresh ingredients with big portions. Plus it tasted great. I had the sweet and spicy hibachi chicken. So good! Definitely a meal worth the calorie splurge. The food is always ready fast. The variety is really great. A little mexican, a little asian, sandwiches, wraps and the usual keys seafood choices. The cracked conch is tender and just lightly battered. Definitely some of the best in the keys. The lunch menu is varied so everyone in the office can usually find something they like for lunch without having to order from several restaurants. Maybe one day I won't be so full after my meal that I will be able to try the yummy looking cakes on the counter.

3  Thank klfam

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stopped in for a quick breakfast prior to our afternoon scuba dive. The three of us had huevos rancheros, an American breakfast with pancakes, and a breakfast burrito. The servings were large and very good quality. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was homey. We enjoyed it and would go back!

2  Thank Steve M
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am from North Florida/So Alabama originally. That area of the country has A lot of Mexicans and therefore plenty of great Me and Tex/Mex joints. Moved down here 7 years ago and have tried in vain to find a place that serves decent Mexican food. Although not billed as Mexican, the added Mexican items are as good as I had up north. Huge portions and fantastic taste. The place is an ex Hardee's or Bk( not sure) so don't expect the typical atmosphere. But you go to places for the food and service. They are new, so keep giving them a fair break in period. And remember, go read the "bad review" person's (EmB seen above) reviews on other restaurants. Kinda consistent. Doesn't like anywhere she's been. This place is a must go to....

1  Thank aupanhandler
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Have been to Keys Bite now twice for lunch in the last two weeks. It's not fancy, but it's incredibly reasonably priced, it's clean and it's not nearly as loud and crazy as the place just across the parking lot. Perfect place for lunch during the work week - have had the blackened chicken caesar wrap now twice and it's delicious. Happy to have a new place to go for lunch that doesn't break the bank. Family run and they're friendly!

1  Thank esteph40
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just left, I'm a local and I always give the new places a try. First this place is not a Mexican restaurant. It's American food with a few non homemade flavourless tacos on the menu. It would be cheaper and better to make fresh tortillas, they take 2 minutes to make. I asked for crispy sweet potatoes fries and got soggy ones. I did not finish my eggs. I asked for over medium one was raw the other had a broken yoke and was really cooked. My husband asked for 3 tacos received 2 then got the third 10 minutes later...odd. Our server was nice but she really should have checked the food. You give two people their beverages at the same time as for the food. You don't have one person wait to eat while their food gets cold. Get your act together, read a Mexican Cook book cuz the location is great & the serves are excited to be there.

5  Thank Em B