Ocean Reef Club
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Key Largo
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate clubraw barburgee barfishing villagerent a golf cartcollared shirtbusiness conferencecultural centerprivate communityself containedlagoon areafour seasonsbeautiful resortfitness centertennis courtsspring breakbeach bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We have been fortunate to have enjoyed the Ocean Reef Club for several years, each stay in the month of September.
The staff from the valet to management are focused on your comfort and enjoyment. Each encounter with the servers, concierge, front dest, housekeeping and others is a pleasure. We have never once encountered a rude staff team member; in fact the staff will go out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: All excellent
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TSMH6325
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We rented a private condo in Marina Village that looked like it hadn't been renovated since the seventies! I realize that this is not a hotel but there is no excuse for dirty and rusty air conditioning duct covers and switchplates-- not at these prices. Shouldn't there be some kind of maintenance required by Ocean Reef from condos that rent out to the public?? That aside, the grounds are nice and the food edible (not particularly good). What really got me was the "resort fees" at every turn. There were quite a few staff everywhere and you never had to ask for something twice. I would rate the service very good but the rooms and value leave a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: Stay at the newer or recently renovated condos
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank julesBocaRaton_Fl
Reviewed May 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night while attending a wedding. We found the staff to be very welcoming and helpful with our request for an early check in. Because we needed to get ready for the ceremony, we requested an early check in, which was easily accommodated. The grounds of the resort were beautiful. The pool area was nice, and there was a great smaller pool for kids, as well as a small beach area. I would consider taking my son back some day. The food was excellent, and the drinks were fairly reasonably priced. Would definitely consider going back, if I return to Key Largo.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Holding a wedding at this resort, you would assume that family and friends would be treated with welcome and respect, but we got nothing of the kind. Residents of the area were grossly rude and went out of their way to make you feel unwelcome. The Upper staff were not just rude but completely insulting. I have gone out of my way to give this resort a terrible review because I believe people deserve to know what they will be spending their money on.

• Stayed: April 2011
21  Thank jcstanton1
Reviewed April 28, 2011

This was my second time at the Ocean Reef. This year was during the Easter break so many children and the inn was quite full.

Drove down from Miami without much problem and finding the Ocean Reef is quite easy. There is a security gate to enter the Ocean Reef compound. It is essentially a large homeowner community with a hotel and conference center.

Had a room in the Pampano Building. Room was decent sized but much smaller than my room last year (forgot the name of that fish) but King Bed with shower only (had a large tub and separate shower last year). Room is still decent sized with a separate sofa, flat screen tv, minibar and plenty of closet space. Rooms are quiet (can't hear neighbors) tho bed was a bit stiff for me.

There are a few restaurants (I had room service one night and dined by the pool the other). Nothing special, certainly not cheap as expected. As others mentioned, nothing in the area, Key Largo is a 20 minute drive so recommend going out for dinner.

The pool area is wonderful (nice and warm). There is a lagoon (greenish) but with fish and the kids seemed to be enjoying it.

Overall, the hotel itself is decent. However, it is a decent drive into Key Largo so unless you have business/conference here, you might want to consider something else.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business