“Go there for a hearty breakfast”
Review of Hideout Restaurant

Hideout Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 135 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Go there for a hearty breakfast”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

No frills but very Keys style. Try their Lobster Benedict or the fish and eggs so you get the true Keys experience. Waitresses are down to earth and funny too!

Visited January 2014

“WOW”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Hiddenout Restaurant key largo fla

47 Shoreline DR
Key Largo Fla 33037

While on vacation in Key Largo I had the opportunity to leave the rest my family at the beach one morning. I took this opportunity to go looking for place where I could set down, take my time and just enjoy the quiet and a good breakfast. I found this place at the dead end of a short street. Noticing a couple who were leaving I inquired of them if the food was good and they said yes so I decided to give it a try. I have never seen SOS ( a military mess hall favorite lol, chipped beef in gravy over toast ) on a menu before even though I have made it homemade many times with both dried beef and ground beef and enjoyed Stouffer's frozen as well. Anyhow they had this on the menu so I decided to give it a try. YUM YUM excellent choice !! After it came to the table I remembered that this comes with hash browns or grits. When I ask about the hashbrowns or grits the server ask which I would like to have and I said which do you recommend? She said I will just bring you both. So she did. I'm not talking a couple of spoons of each but whole orders of each at no additional charge. The service was fast, very friendly and the food was yummy !!! I noticed that tonight Friday night was fish fry night and given the fact that we had not yet had any seafood during this trip I decided that this would be a great place to try tonight. Having told the rest of the family, 2 more adults and a 13 yr old about my discovery we returned that night for the fish fry $12.95 all you can eat grouper tonight or Mahi Mahi for $2.00 more. The price included unbelievably all you could drink beer or any other regular beverage. My family LOVED the grouper while I really enjoyed my fried shrimp dinner ( I don't like fish ). This place has definitely earned a place on my favorites list and has become a must visit whenever I am in or pass through Key Largo Fla.

“WHAT A FIND ”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

HIDDENOUT

Miami, Florida
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Service is amazing here and the food is just as amazing. I haven't been there for dinner but always enjoy breakfast!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Woj001
Florida
“Very Greasy Spoon”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

To be fair- this is a divey, hole-in-the-wall type place. They have a laid back, Key West style and are not trying to make it seem that they are fine dining. However, they really struggle with the basics. I ordered eggs over medium. They were way underdone. My "biscuit" tasted dense, greasy, and like burned old grease. My fish (I ordered the fish and grits with eggs), was extremely greasy- grease was dripping out of them. And it had that same "old grease" taste that the biscuit had. My grits seemed to be instant and were way too congealed. My dinner companions orders were mixed. One of them ordered a burger and thought it was ok. The other had corned beef hash (was out of a can), eggs (slightly under cooked), toast (just fine), and grits (congealed and seemingly instant). The coffee was watered down.

On the other hand though, the French fries were very good. The service was also very good. The staff is very friendly and made us feel instantly welcome. Prices were reasonable (if the food was good) and it is a fun area to see as it's off US 1 for a change.

Maybe go there for some French fries and a burger. Otherwise, forget it.

Oh, almost forgot- there is outdoor seating. It was a very nice day. We couldn't sit outside though as the waitresses actually smoke while they work outside. There were customers also who were smoking.

• Visited December 2013