“Great breakfast joint, really nice people”
Review of Hideout Restaurant

Hideout Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 135 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Miami, FL
“Great breakfast joint, really nice people”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We were staying at the Floating Inn during our trip to Key Largo last weekend. Sharing the parking lot is the Hiddenout Restaurant (aka the Hideout--even the owners apparently aren't convinced what the real name is!). We went there for breakfast both mornings we were there.

As food goes, don't expect anything mindblowing, but it is good, solid, hearty food in copious amounts at decent prices. They have a pretty good selection for breakfast too--though since I don't eat meat, my options were somewhat more limited. The biscuits were very good, the home fries were good, the eggs were...eggs. The coffee was weak but it is standard-issue American coffee, and they came by often to refill.

I think what we really liked about the place was the down-home feel. Perhaps this is partly because it's in a converted house. But it's mainly the homey decor and the very friendly service that takes me back to my deep-South roots...being called "darling" and "sweetheart," for instance. They were very friendly even when they were so slammed they could barely make it back by our table after dropping the check off.

I must admit that I am biased, though...they also did me a huge favor. I accidentally left my camera under our table, and didn't realize it until I got back to Miami that night. Since they close at 2:00, I couldn't call until the next morning, but when I did, the owner (who answered the phone) immediately knew what I was calling about and they had the camera. They are mailing it to me. I offered to send them a check first or have them send it COD and she said she was just going to put it in a Priority box and send it, so I said to put a note how much the postage is and I'll send a check. At any rate, it is so refreshing to see good people watching out for you and going a little beyond the call of duty to help you out when you need it. I'll definitely be going back there next time I'm in Key Largo...just hopefully not forgetting my camera again!!

• Visited May 2011

North Palm Beach, FL
“Great for breakfast, but don't do the Friday Fish Fry”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

My family visited Key Largo for a long weekend. After seeing the reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to have breakfast at the Hideout Restaurant. Food was great and very reasonable so we decided to go back for the Friday Night All-U-Can Eat Fish Fry. You had a choice between Dolphin and Talapia. Both were horrible! Batter was just an egg wash - could definitely use some sort of breading. Conch fritters and hush puppies were small and hard as rocks. French fries were way overcooked. Huge difference from breakfast to dinner. Recommend breakfast only!

Visited May 2011
somerset
“Locals eatery”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We went here for breakfast and it was very busy. It was full of locals and you certainly get a taste of American characters eating here. The service was good, the food was ok, there was a lot of it. and it wasnt expensive.

• Visited March 2011
CA
“You need to eat here”
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Great breakfast and laid-back Keys atmosphere. Friendly and attentive waitress. Definitely will return if ever in the neighborhood

• Visited February 2011
Florida
“Where The Locals Go”
Reviewed December 21, 2010

A great little place to eat. Its a small place that is allways full of locals. The waitress know most of the customers by name and allways have a smile on their face and a coffee pot in their hand. We eat here offten.

1 Thank numberfivedock