“Key Largo Gem”
Review of Coconut Palm Inn

Coconut Palm Inn
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you're looking for complete tranquility, super clean accomodations, a beautiful, peaceful setting with gorgeous sunsets, and a feeling of total relaxation, then this is the place. Don't expect anything else, though. This place is meant for peace and quiet. Set on the gulf side of Key Largo, the best place to watch the sun go down, you'll feel far away from the rest of the world. It has it's own private, immaculately groomed beach, with lots of places to sit, hammocks, kayaks, paddle boards and a beautiful, really clean little pool. The coconut palms are absolutely adorable and the grounds are beautifully landscaped. Breakfast is out under one of the tiki huts, and is very basic, which I've read complaints about, but really, it's fine and if you need a full breakfast, there are places near-by. I'm rating this property "excellent" because is it deserves it. If you're expecting a lot of action, don't stay here.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to have the beautiful second floor, corner suite, which if you ask me, has to b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank BM24

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed at the coconut palm inn on 11th April 2014.......the last day of a cruise and stay key west vacation......how we wish we had booked a longer stay! The inn lies in a beautiful spot on the gulf side of key largo. We stayed in room 7, with glorious views of the swimming pool and the gulf beyond. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome....given info re the area and places to eat, as well as free Wi-Fi. Fishing gear and kayaks are available to use for free and a light breakfast of muffin, orange juice, tea and coffee is also provided free of charge. Our room was equipped with coffee maker, fridge, iron, hairdryer and the usual array of complimentary toiletries....it was clean and the bed was very comfy. Outdoor seating, hammocks and a screen porch added to our stay. It's a lovely chill place to stay.....my only reservation is that the mozzies 'got us'......so do take precautions.......this of course has nothing to do with the inn! We enjoyed a lovely day and evening......we defo would go back whenever in the area again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank crisc54
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I can't say this place is not great! When we arrived I was like "wow", the little private beach has a stunning view, and we enjoyed a wonderful sunset, the best of our Florida holiday. Rooms are quite big ang nice, with beach towels.
I didn't have breakfast as I was leaving very early to go swimming with dolphins, but my friend who stayed there told me there was only coffee, orange juice and some fruits.
But the real problem for me was a big, horrible roach inside my room during the night! I hate these insects so I passed a terrible night. Besides that, you can sleep well as there are no noises at all.
Key Largo is perfect if you're coming from Miami and going to Key West and you want to stop and sleep one night somewhere in between. It's a perfect place to relax. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Arguably the best "hotel" we have ever stayed at. Beautiful location, comfortable rooms and lovely staff. We were in room 12b - the only room not to have a sea view. Did we care? Nope! The pool is just a walk away, the sunset is stunning! A wonderful stay all in all. Only thing I would improve, as others have suggested, is a better breakfast. Maybe include breakfast cereal?? Highly recommended!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The Coconut Palm Inn is a charming place with a lovely setting and beautiful sunset view. Our balcony room was spacious and comfortable. The staff was cordial and helpful. There were kayaks and paddle boards for use by the guests. The only negative - and a significant one - was breakfast, which was poor: refrigerated banana bread, juice, coffee but no decaf, and a few bananas and apples in a bowl, served on paper plates. Given the cost of the room, this was a huge disappointment. For a few dollars more, the management could have made this a special experience for their guests.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VoyageursUSA
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This little hideaway is a touch of Paradise. The GM Brian Riccardi, along with his staff does an amazing job. The rooms are so comfy. Everything about this place is amazing. You have the best Sunsets, I can't wait to go back this summer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We booked a room online which was described as a room with a King bed and a shared enclosed porch. When we arrived, the room we were given had a Queen bed and no porch. When I went to the front desk to show them my reservation, I was informed that the description on the internet is incorrect but the price for my room was the same because although it had a queen bed, there was also a futon in the room.
I was not offered any reduction in price for this mistake and couldn't switch rooms because there were no rooms available with a King bed.
Other than this glitch, the place was clean and well tended. I just don't like to be misled when I am making a reservation. There's no excuse for that!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple