“Lovely and charming”
Review of Coconut Palm Inn

Coconut Palm Inn
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A true hidden gem -- relaxing and quiet. The small hotel was full during our stay, but it never felt crowded. It is an older establishment, but very well maintained. Not fancy, but very sweet and charming. The staff were great and gave us great recommendation for places to eat both in Key Largo and Islamorada. It was in a beautiful little harbor on the bayside. A very nice and clean man-made beach (you can swim in the bay, but the bottom is really mucky and grassy) and a small pool with use of their kayaks and paddleboards. All in all a very lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cyumig
Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Its hard to find high end accommodations on the Florida Keys. The Coconut Palm Inn comes close. I stayed here 2 years ago and it remains a nice place to stay. While I appreciate the amenities and space they provide for each guest, I would suggest they pay a little more attention to detail cleaning. Not that the daily cleaning was not done, but there were items I would have expected to have been done as semi annual or off season cleaning that are going to hurt them if not attended to (baseboard cleaning, wiping down bathroom items, doors and metal fixtures, deep dusting of items in the room, blinds need serious attending,) The bathroom shower and kitchen area were both very clean, a deciding factor when I check-in to a hotel! The bed and linens are outstanding So comfortable and the softest sheets ever.The front office is very kind and accommodating. They make you feel like your visiting their home. This is a bonus in my travel book. I would absolutely stay here again, as I said, its hard to find high end accommodations in the FL Keys.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Found Coconut Palm on recommendation from another hotel that didn't have availability when I was looking. Clean, comfortable, elegant room, beautiful grounds, and incredibly helpful and friendly staff.

Biggest drawback for me was that there is nothing within walking distance and generally not much to do if you're not out on a boat all day. I had booked 3 days here and actually went back to Key West after the first one. BUT, that brings me to my biggest selling point...the staff.

When I decided to leave (which was absolutely not a reflection on the hotel, just a better fit for this solo traveler who doesn't know how to relax), they were completely understanding and offered to try and re-book my room so I wasn't out of pocket.

I thoroughly enjoyed the day I did spend relaxing in their hammock, watching the amazing sunset, and drinking water from the coconut the groundskeeper was kind enough to chop down for me. All in all, I would definitely stay here again if I had friends or family with me.

Room Tip: I had room 17, on the road side of the property. Very nice, but it's probably worth it to spend...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Coconut Palm Inn was our last stay in the Keys. We had spent 5 nights in Islamorada and 4 nights in Key West. This area is much quieter and no where really to walk to for dinner. Not as much to do here compared to the first 2 stops.
The resort itself sits on a lovely quiet bay facing the mangroves, next door to a marina, perfect for kayaking, which we did twice. Beautiful to sit right out your front door and watch the sunsets. Our room was a patio room, with a screened porch, which we loved! Average size, with a small bar size fridge and a microwave. If you are wanting to be able to make any of your own meals you would probably want to upgrade to a room with a kitchenette. There was a standard continental breakfast included. Also glad we had requested rooms not directly in front of the pool as we had more privacy (room 6). Awesome docks, great pool area, did not and would not swim in the gulf here. Well maintained and looked like some improvements being done while we were there
All in all we did not like the Key Largo / Tavernier area as much as Islamorada.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 - 6 a bit more private
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Winterpeg880
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Coconut Palm Inn was a wonderful base for our 6 days in the Key Largo area. We had Room 11 which was right on the sand with a lovely shaded patio and a sunset view of the water. The four of us were very comfortable in our one bedroom suite. Great beds, lots of storage, and simple, elegant decor. Everything was clean and well-maintained and the staff were helpful and friendly. A very lovely and special place to getaway and yet still be close to all the attractions of the upper keys.

Room Tip: We loved being right on the sand in a ground floor room with patio!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Me and family stayed here from Sunday (3/24) to Friday (3/30) and it was GREAT. There was a nice pool, a great view of the bay (I think its a bay but im not 100% sure) and the rooms were awesome! There are even hammicks to lay in! It was great! Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We agree with other reviewers - the cool weather was made up for by the warm hospitality. The small, but entire, staff were fun and made us and our traveling companions feel more than welcomed. We would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone that was looking for a home away from home - that is if home includes a secluded little beach, beautiful sunsets, and basic but very comfortable rooms.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple