1,785 results
All reviews rum punch fire pit paddle boards s mores complimentary wine honeymoon suite continental breakfast hidden gem ping pong screened in porch adirondack chairs corn hole fishing poles key west little piece of paradise resort fee view of the bay
Selected filters
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Upgraded to a scree-porch room overlooking the beach. Comfortable king bed. Bedroom not overly large but more than made up for by the comfortable screen porch area. Beach chairs and hammocks out by the waters edge ad a fenced pool area with sun loungers.
Basic breakfast laid out on the beach but with fantastic walnut bread the morniing we were there.

Room tip: Upgrade for a screen porch.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

What a gem! After coming to the keys twice a year for the last three years, we finally found the type of hotel we've been looking for! Bar none, this is the nicest place for the money we have found there. In the past, we have stayed at the Ragged Edge, which has nice grounds, but the beds were old and uncomfortable and the rooms do need some updated so we wanted to find something new this trip. I noticed all the good reviews on tripadvisor and I must say I agree wholeheartedly. First of all, when we got there, they informed us that we had been upgraded to a suite! It was absolutely beautiful, with plenty of room for our family of four! The Coconut Palm Suite had a king-sized bed, a fold-out sofa and a twin sized bed, with two bathrooms and a full kitchen. It also had a huge porch with a table. We really enjoyed cooking dinner in and eating it at the outside table. The room also smelled wonderful! I think they had a special kind of incense or something. It was definitely a great touch and made for a romantic feel to the room. The furniture is beautiful with wood from Bali, I believe. The kitchen also has an adorable little table for two that my kids loved sitting at for breakfast. Also, the outdoor area is superb, with two beautiful, lit docks with cute chairs to lounge on. My husband and son enjoyed fishing off these docks. Also, the entire grounds are covered in sand, which an employee comes and rakes every day. My kids really enjoyed making sand castles in the sand, and my daughter enjoyed collecting coconuts, which are plentiful here. Also, all the lounge chairs on the property make for a wonderful spot to sit and relax while one looks out over the beautiful water and the boat harbor next to the property. The pool is nice and clean and quite warm for a swim. Also, the kayaks available are wonderful. I did not have time to go out kayaking this trip but definitely look forward to taking one out with my kiddos on our next trip there. On future trips to the keys, we will definitely be returning to the Coconut Palm. Oh, the kids also had a ball in the hammocks on the property. This hotel had something for everyone in the family to enjoy. Thank you for the outstanding service, the room upgrade and the delightful grounds. After staying in some rather questionable places in the keys, we truly appreciate finding this hidden gem. Oh, and the breakfast at the tiki bar is a great touch!! Thank you again for a relaxing stay here in the spacious suite. It is definitely nice to have the space to spread out when travelling with children.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2012

For four years in a row, we go to Homestead for the Nascar Race and stay in one of the keys every year! We have stayed at Holiday Isle and the Pier House but nothing compared to Coconut Palm Inn. We discovered the Coconut Palm Inn on the way to Pier House and wish that we had found it before we booked the Pier House! We perferred Coconut Palm Inn over any other hotels that we have stayed in the past. We were amazed at the beauty the view provided and how every rooms view was unique! Love the hammocks! Can't wait till we are there again!

Room tip: all rooms were awesome
Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I must admit that I am a little hesitant to write this review. I'm hesitant, you see, because now you are all going to know about our secret spot!

Earlier this year, my (then) fiance and I stumbled upon the Coconut Palm Inn in our quest to find the perfect Keys wedding spot. We wanted somewhere quaint, cozy,and with a sunset view that would lend itself towards one hell of a fun wedding and we found that all here! The fact that we could have the whole place to ourselves and our friends and family for the weekend was amazing too. Between the location, non Golden girl-like rooms (the rooms here are actually tropical modern and chic!) and the ever so helpful staff, we were sold.

Fast forward to this October and Hurricane Sandy. Hurricane Sandy was brushing by the Keys on the weekend we were set to get married. Cathy from the Coconut Palm Inn kept calling us after checking with the local weather station by phone and reassuring us that the storm was just going to bring some wind and rain and that by Saturday it would all be better...and she was right! We were blessed with clear skies, a gorgeous sunset, and lots of wind on our day, but that was okay bc the wind kept our guests from getting hot and made for some great windswept pics and video ;) There were a few glitches here and there with the hotel site due to the storm and high tide, but Cathy and her staff were ever so accommodating and quick moving that barely any of our guests noticed a thing! That's spot on service if you ask me.

My husband and I stayed at the Coconut Palm Inn a few more days after our wedding and we already cannot wait to go back. As a matter of fact, all of our guests already want to go back too! The location, the pool, the view, the kayaks, the view, the paddleboards, the continental complimentary breakfast, the view, the heavenly pillows they use, and..oh yeah...the view....just combine to make it your own little slice of heaven....which now you all know about too ;)

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here for one night on the Florida Keys roadtrip part of our honeymoon. When we arrived we fell in love with it instantly; it was so peaceful and the views were stunning! The hotel had very kindly upgraded us to a one bedroom suite which was gorgeous; a separate bedroom with TV & plenty of storage space, a small but well-equipped kitchen, a comfy living area with another TV, bathroom, and balcony overlooking the sea. Free wifi was available, and they were really well kitted out for kayaking etc. The pool was great, and it was so nice to take our breakfast (fresh juice & tea/coffees and freshly baked banana bread, muffins & porridge) to the end of the dock to enjoy the view. Staff were very helpful and friendly, full of recommendations for the local area. We loved it here and can't wait to go back!!