“A really good Mom & Pop!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bay Cove Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Bay Cove Motel
Ranked #10 of 17 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Inverness
“A really good Mom & Pop!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I decided to make a last minute trip to the Keys in mid December. I was taking my boat for the first time, so it was mostly recon for a later trip with my wife. I always prefer the Mom and Pops over the chains. Call it local flavor, charm, character or whatever term you like. In my book they beat the cookie cutter style of the bigger hotels every time. I like laid back.

Here is the bottom line. The cost is modest. The rooms are clean and better that you would expect for the price. Everything worked. It is in a good location. Restaurants are within walking distance. It looked and felt safe. And the most important thing of all was the people who ran it. They were very helpful when I had questions. They offered to help me launch and retrieve my boat. They even pulled me out when my van got stuck in the gravel on the ramp. Friendly isn't a good enough word. They were wonderful. I will go back!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the Overseas Highway will have some highway noise, but that is true in all motels...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I came down to Key Largo for 3 days of scuba diving with my dive shop. They stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott. I wanted something with more local flavor and found it at the Bay Cove Motel.

The rooms were clean and no old musty smells. Rooms had the basics: Fridge, microwave & coffee maker. Only one night got humid enough for me to turn on the window a/c unit which cooled the room just fine.

They have a nice little beach and dock. I napped on the lounge chairs one afternoon. Next door is the best restaurant in Key Largo: Mrs. Mac's Kitchen! Great breakfast, lunch & dinner.
(Closed Sundays.). Great fresh grilled seafood and the best Key Lime pie!

Ask Margo or John for a coupon for a few coupon for a key lime freeze.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank BirdHiker
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Bay cove is one of the nicest cleanest cheapest places to stay in the keys
Very helpfull and the manager is lovely let us use the kyiacking for free and this is the same with all that stay there he could not be more helpful. When I come back I will be staying there again

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank T55cys
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed once again at Bay Cove--these are seriously some of the nicest people around. We had one of the larger "cottages" this time and it was perfect for 2 people and a week long stay. Quiet, safe, comfortable, accessible to everything we want in the Keys. Spent early mornings and every evening on the dock--spectacular sunsets. Right next door to Mrs. Mac's so dinner was always great! If you are looking for fancy or amenities--this ain't it! But if you want to be relaxed and feel yourself slow down to Keys Time--this is the place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bridgetsch
Coloma, Michigan, USA
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Found this place to be one of the cheaper places to stay in Key Largo, and was in a good location close to the fishing/snorkeling charters. Very friendly staff but rooms were dated and beach area was not what we were expecting. Had kayaks to use which was a nice addition, but not a good area to actually swim. Just ok with the overall experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and easy check in. Staff was more than accommodating and not intrusive. We stayed in a large efficiency which was more than adequate. A little dated but its the keys.... Everything in the keys is dated. But you can still have fun.

Had three kayaks locked up to tree, but we didn't use them. We did walk down to the dock in the early morning and it appeared someone left a bunch of trash and fish guts on the deck, not the motels fault.

Good value and close to some water activities like John Pennekamp. The grounds were quiet and not trashed or anything except the dock that one morning. Room was nice except for a sand flea in the bed. Nothing bad or out of ordinary when staying in the Keys. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Ccrage2005
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our family stayed in unit 9 the week of July 8, 2013 and were extremely pleased with our room and the motel. The rooms are well kept, with all working appliances and friendly staff. The Bay Cove Motel has all a family needs to enjoy a few days in the Florida Keys. The motel has 3 kayaks to borrow along with masks and scuba gear, staff is always available but never intruding.Can't ask for more, will be back next year..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family