“Not as described in ad”
Review of Bay Cove Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Bay Cove Motel
Ranked #10 of 17 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place is ok if you don't mind paying 85.00 a nite plus tax for a campground feeling.
The description in their ad may have been true 20 years ago.
We had 3 nites booked on our way to The Keys. Everything was booked except this place. I was so excited. After all a place in Key Largo at this price was great.!!
Well to begin with, for the most part the place was clean. But the bathroom could def use some help. There was a big nasty stain of rust around the toilet on the floor that had been there for a while. In the corner at the tub was a place that hadn't been cleaned in a long while. The window in the tub,shower hadn't been cleaned in a while.
The property pretty much looked like a campground. I know because we camp. No grass, just very unkept. The outside tables and chairs were not what I would like to sit in to relax for the day. They were just a set of plastic and didn't look like they had been cleaned in a while The beach area they were proud of was just a little piece of ground at the water. Def not what was described. No sandy beach to lie on and relax. Also the ad said it was within walking distance of shopping, dining,
and great bars? There was a neat little restaurant that you could walk to in front of hotel. But that's all I saw.!!! Had to drive back to beginning of Largo to find a place to shop and pick up some coffee because there was a coffee pot in the room with some mugs but no coffee.
Also sign said if there were dirty dishes left you would be charged. Well there was not place to wash said dishes except in bathroom sink. Would you drink from those mugs?

We stayed the one night and the next morning my husband got up and his allergys were going crazy! something in the room maybe. So we decided to leave. It was plenty early enough in the morning for the owners to rent the place again. When we explained to the owner why we needed to leave, because of my husbands allergy's, I didn't want to insult them about what I really thought of the place, She told me that his allergy's weren't her fault and there was nothing she could do. After arguing and then going into the other reasons we wanted to leave she said the best she could do was give me a refund on one of the two nites left. I told her that wasn't right because any hotel if you checked out before the next day started you don't pay for that day.!!
She informed me that they are a small hotel and she couldn't do that. I know she didn't have trouble renting that room because she was turning people down on the phone as we checked in.!
So we left and I told her I would be posting this She got paid twice for that room!!! . And yes I think this is a fair description of what we experienced. Oh and one more thing. Our room door had about a half inch space at the top and bottom of the door.. When my husband went to turn on the light there was a florida gecko on the switch. !!! This could have been a snake coming thru that opening !!
So like I said if you don't mind paying 100.00 a nite for camping then you will be fine with this place.
I have to say the owner was very nice and din't get nasty with me, but she had the upper had and she knew it because we were not too smart and picked Spring Break to do this. We have been in Florida at North Port with my dad when we decided to do this before we went home to Ohio.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kathy1967_11

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Bay Cove Motel in Key Largo last weekend with my son and best friends and had a pleasant visit. Like many of the hotels/motels in the Keys, the Bay Cove is a 50-60's era establishment where the location was far more important that the accommodations. The Bay Cove has several duplex type rooms with tables and grills outside the room. The rooms were clean and the AC delivered a nice cool room. This can be the failing of many similar beach/coast type establishments but our room was quiet and comfortable. The staff and management were friendly and as a bonus, the motel was directly next door to one of the finest restaurants in the Keys, Mrs. Mac's Kitchen! A word of caution on the boat ramp, unless you arrive at high tide, you may have a difficult launching your boat unless it has a shallow draft.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank don g
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My Husband an I left new york to celebrate our anniversary in key west unfortunately all hotel were booked out..an the few that were available were ridiculously expensive.. so we had no choice but drive back to miami. On our drive down I googled motels in key largo an bay cove came up.. I called at 12am an a pleasant voice answered I asked if there were any rooms available for tsmilehe night An she kindly said yes. We were so excited.. When we got there it was close to 2am an the young lady welcomed us with a smile.. The service was excellent.. The rooms were clean.. The price was affordable.. The view was beautiful at sunset by the dock.. The kyaking was free an fun.. The other guest were friendly felt like we were home..Mrs mac restaurant is next door where the young lady recommended their food... It was a wonderful experience that we stayed a extra day.. It was the best anniversary thans to that young lady lisa.. She is a blessing to bay cove hotel.. We will return nx yr.. Shawn an Pauline Salmon

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank paulinesalmon
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here as we needed a place to crash for just one night on the way to Key West. Old and quaint, each room is like a (very) small cottage, and there are two houses down near the water if you have a large group. The rooms were fine, with clean sheets, a/c, TV and a small fridge. Bathroom was tiny and clean, with the exception of a mouldy shower curtain. The staff were friendly, and there were board games and canoes available for free.

I felt like I was staying in a school boarding house, with dos and don'ts posted everywhere. The sign that says guests will incur a $45 fee for not washing any plates/mugs used, and $10 for every soiled towel (what do people do with towels?) was a bit rich too. There's a fun little cafe next door called Mrs. Mac's, that has decent diner style food.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jmcf171
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Bay Cove is squeaky clean, has a great sandy waterfront dock, and GREAT value! Almost all our needs were met for $66 per night, the only problem being No Pets. Fortunatly, our dog had accomodations with family.

Room Tip: Re: Room #2- could've had bigger bed