“Fine for a night...”
Review of Bay Cove Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Bay Cove Motel
Ranked #10 of 17 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here as we needed a place to crash for just one night on the way to Key West. Old and quaint, each room is like a (very) small cottage, and there are two houses down near the water if you have a large group. The rooms were fine, with clean sheets, a/c, TV and a small fridge. Bathroom was tiny and clean, with the exception of a mouldy shower curtain. The staff were friendly, and there were board games and canoes available for free.

I felt like I was staying in a school boarding house, with dos and don'ts posted everywhere. The sign that says guests will incur a $45 fee for not washing any plates/mugs used, and $10 for every soiled towel (what do people do with towels?) was a bit rich too. There's a fun little cafe next door called Mrs. Mac's, that has decent diner style food.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jmcf171

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Bay Cove is squeaky clean, has a great sandy waterfront dock, and GREAT value! Almost all our needs were met for $66 per night, the only problem being No Pets. Fortunatly, our dog had accomodations with family.

Room Tip: Re: Room #2- could've had bigger bed
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon P
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Southern Florida at its best,

cheap, great service, charming guests, very relaxing.... nice, though older rooms, good atmosphere..... all very much down to earth.... we very much felt at home.... next time we visit the area we will definitely stay for a night or two... the location for trips around Key Largo and the rest of the Keys is perfect and affordable....

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Finn Runge A
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were on our way to Fantasy Fest and Lisa and I talked on the phone before we made the reservations. She was very honest and up front about the construction going on BEFORE we booked. We were surprised at the unpredicted charm of the place. IT IS Southern Florida and most places have a simple southern charm! It is NOT a corporate Hotel it is a Motel. The rooms were very clean, and tidy. The kitchen in the house was very well equipped to cook if need be. Lisa the manager had brochures and papers available for us to see what there was near by and in Key West. I was very pleased and we WILL definately stay there again. The pictures were representative of the place without the construction going on of course. Thanks again Lisa..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank m l
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Was going to stay at this motel based on the pictures at their website. The place looks nothing like the pictures. It is shabby, rundown and didn't look safe to stay at. I couldn't recommend it to anyone. Some cleaning up and fresh paint might help. I wonder which motel pictures they used on their website?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jkcKTravel
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Very rustic. No real beach. Good dock. Outside - Not enough chairs, some broken, others always taken. Nice friendly folks and I guess you pay for what you get. But they need to refab the place as it has potential.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I chose this motel because it was close to diving and cheap. I had no idea what the room looked like until I checked in because I was staying at another hotel and wanted to stay another night but they could not accommodate me.
Upon arrival, staff was friendly and courteous. The room was clean with the exception of a cockroach on the floor which is to be expected in South Florida and the Key.
The floor was clean enough but the grout on the tile needs to be cleaned better.
Bathroom was clean
A/C worked.
Bathroom really small but clean.
Old time blanket on bed, which I didn't think was clean but I brought my own sheets, blanket and pillow.
Good for short trips 1-3 nights maybe. Rooms need to be upgraded.
Friendly staff and cheap prices

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo