“A Good Recommendatioin”

Bayside Grille & Sunset Bar
Ranked #23 of 134 Restaurants in Key Largo
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: DiGiorgio's Bayside Grille is the second restaurant, at the same location, owned and operated by the DiGiorgio Family. With its upstairs full service dining room, there is no other view like ours of the sunset and Florida Bay. We have been named the Most Photographed Sunset in Key Largo for this reason. Our downstairs Sunset Bar features Live Music, Happy Hour, Live Conch Shell Blowing at Sunset, a limited bar menu and so much more. On the right night you can catch an internationally reknown Blue's band performing. Check our calendar on our website. A great place for dinner and a show.
KTCL
“A Good Recommendatioin”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This establishment was recommended by the staff at my hotel. It’s a little hard to find, being located behind an Italian restaurant, but it’s well worth the effort. Downstairs is a bar and outdoor area suited to shorts and flip flops. Upstairs, is a more upscale area with outdoor/indoor seating. It wasn’t very crowded on a Thursday night. It’s right on the water and the view would have been great, except it was dark already. The daily special menu had several interesting selections. I choose an item (wish I could remember the name) from the special menu which consisted of chicken, clams, shrimp and alligator sausage in a spicy tomato sauce served over rice. EXCELLENT Service was prompt and attentive. I topped it off with key lime pie and coffee. I’ll have to hand it to the girls at the hotel. They didn’t steer me wrong on this one. I’ll be back!!

Walsall, United Kingdom
“Great location shame the service didnt match!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Really fancied a nice steak so decided to eat at Bayside.The staff upstairs are just programmed as a money making joint rather than giving a good service.I am unable to eat onions so as the veg is mixed I asked for salad instead as did my wife.I asked for a steak on its own with no spices or sauces.We received meat and mash on its own We received salad as a side and charged extra for it.My steak although thick was asked to be well done left blood all over the plate.The drinks are loaded with ice so that there is no room for the actual drink.I think its reputation is more for fish and the view which is no good if its dark and you don't eat fish.So with no starter or pudding and one drink each I think 76 dollars is a bit steep.Although 18% of that was a service charge which I think should be left to the discression of the customer really.Left feeling a bit down really.I never leave reviews but feel a bit let down by the experience.

1 Thank derkal
Delray Beach, Florida
“Great Location!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Looks like there is some major renovation taking place, but it really was not much of an issue, except that parking is tight. The restaurant is upstairs from the bar, with nice views. The interior seating was nothing special, but the bar area and open kitchen were nice. We had a crap dip appetizer with just a little zing. It was very good. Nice pieces of crab and artichokes. I had a broiled shrimp dish . It came with yummy coconut rice and assorted fresh veggies that were cooked just right. No flaws with this meal at all. The portion was just right too. My husband enjoyed grilled Mahi and he said it was prepared well came with coconut rice, red beans and veggies. Oh, the homemade rolls had cranberries and were served with a key lime glaze. Delicious! Our server was friendly and attentive. Too full for dessert. Our hotel recommended this to us and we really enjoyed it.

1 Thank TravellingMom2002
Denver, Colorado
“Tuna tostadas”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Difficult to find but not impossible. We went there for lunch. Had the BEST tuna tostadas ever! Beautiful views of the water. Great key lime pie.

London England
“Excellent Sunset Venue”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Was recommended by the desk clerk at the hotel. Initially had a little difficulty locating this restaurant as it's tucked back a little. It's a great location to watch the sunset go down as it's right on the ocean. The night we went was on a Wednesday and although there was not supposed to be any entertainment there was a two piece band which was good. The food was also very good and my wife and I shared peel & eat shrimps with a Jamaican dip for starters. This was followed by seared Tuna for me and Tuna Tostada for her with both of a good standard. The drinks flowed all evening and the service from the waitress was attentive without being overbearing.
I particularly enjoyed the fact that I could run a tab for the whole evening without anyone pressurising me to settle the bill the minute I passed up the offer of another drink.

• Visited October 2013