“One of the family”

Ranked #24 of 142 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Originally established in 1957 and located where the Walgreens is now. D.J. purchased the restaurant in 1995, he soon grew out of the small location and moved it to the current spot and changed the name to D.J.'s Diner. The locals spot for sure in the heart of Key Largo with tons of parking up front and on sides and back of the building for R.V. and truck parking. D.J. caters to the island people but understnds that the tourist want to get out on the water a.s.a.p. so the sevice is fast and attentative. Serving large plates of home made style food and a huge menu of local fish specials and made fresh to order breakfast, lunch and seasonally dinner. Come try this great land mark restaurant you will be happy you did.
Reviewed December 4, 2012

These people are great. The owner is in there cooking next to his crew. They remember you, even if you haven't been there in a LONG time. The food is excellent. I had the pumpkin pancake special and they rocked. WAY better then IHOP. Go there visit for yourself. I'll be going back for sure.

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We have gone to DJs diner at least four times in the last two years and every time we enjoy the food both breakfast and lunch in the atmosphere being right on the split of the overseas Highway is one where you really get a feel of Key Largo. The chili is good burgers are good and the breakfast is really good. I really like the sweet potato fries in the Islander burger is delicious

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had a good breakfast, but the service was a little disappointing or should I say I believe she was overwhelmed.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Friendly staff, laid back atmosphere. I don't eat meat, eggs or dairy. There's nothing on the menu without one of those three in it, but the chef was glad to make a sort of potato and veggie scramble for me. Nice place, will return.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I were driving from Miami to Key West and found ourselves in Key Largo for lunch. On a whim (and with an assist from Trip Advisor) we stopped at DJ's Diner. What an awesome place for a quick bite. The fish taco is out of this world. Creole grilled Mahi Mahi in a tasty tortilla with great fix'ns. Best fish taco we had during our week in the Keys. In addition to the food, the decor and ambiance were laid back and funky, and the service was absolutely outstanding. Our waitress, Syleena, was extremely friendly, right on the money with her recommendations and made sure our experience was a great one. Would heartily recommend this joint for anyone looking for a great, economical lunch in Key Largo.