“4th of July”
Review of Sundowners

Sundowners
Ranked #27 of 137 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Flower Mound, TX
“4th of July”
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Let me preference this by saying we went on the 4th of July. We had made a reservation but it appeared they had overbooked. The scallops were overdone and the fish was dry. Drinks were watery when they did arrive. We went to the bar because we got tired of not getting service from the waitress.

peachtree city, ga
“Best meal we had in the Keys”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

My husband & I have been coming to Key Largo for ovver 30 years ... our absolute favorite place to eat is the Sundowner

SW Florida
“Nice view but there are others with this same view and probably better food”
Reviewed June 2, 2009

we were disappointed with this place after reading the reviews here. I am guessing something has happened in the past month as the quality of the food was not very good.

I ordered yellowtail sauteed with a fruit salsa. The salsa was glue-like and sickly sweet, not like the normal keys mango salsa. The fish was a little overdone. Very expensive wine by the glass and it was really grocery store wine, thin, no finish, really just swill.

My husband had the Ahi tuna steak served rare. Tuna was just ok, not really up to par at all.

The view was nice, but there are quite a few restaurants facing the sunset in the keys. You need more than that to make a good place. The interior and design of the place was indifferent 80's decor.

Springfield, VA
“Great place for sunset and drinks but not food.”
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I used to love this place but it has gone downhill a lot in recent years. This year, I couldn't eat my food and the other people at the table said the food was just okay. When I got the calamari appetizer, there was no favor at all to it. My main meal tasted like it was heavily spiced to cover up something and made it almost inedible. I would not recommend going back here other then to enjoy the sunset while having drinks.

1 Thank burnboy
Arizona
“Sundowners, Key Largo”
Reviewed May 12, 2009

Four of us visited twice, once for a late lunch and again for a sundown dinner. The food was excellent both times but the service...? Lunch service was very good and dinner was a bit lacking, i.e. no bread, no water, no specials, until we heard the waiter at the table next to us. Oh well, I guess.

Go for the sundown view it is terrific. Take your camera.