“Great place for sunset and drinks but not food.”
Review of Sundowners

Sundowners
Ranked #26 of 139 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I used to love this place but it has gone downhill a lot in recent years. This year, I couldn't eat my food and the other people at the table said the food was just okay. When I got the calamari appetizer, there was no favor at all to it. My main meal tasted like it was heavily spiced to cover up something and made it almost inedible. I would not recommend going back here other then to enjoy the sunset while having drinks.

1  Thank burnboy

Reviewed May 12, 2009

Four of us visited twice, once for a late lunch and again for a sundown dinner. The food was excellent both times but the service...? Lunch service was very good and dinner was a bit lacking, i.e. no bread, no water, no specials, until we heard the waiter at the table next to us. Oh well, I guess.

Go for the sundown view it is terrific. Take your camera.

Reviewed May 3, 2009

Wanted to see a sunset in Key Largo, Sundowner's was the #1 recommendation by a local store owner. Easy location to find. Got a great table overlooking the bay and a great sunset with dinner. The ribs were fantastic. Will definitely go again if ever in the area again.

Reviewed April 17, 2009

We ate here 2 times in 3 days on a recent stay. Actually planned to visit various places but eating by the water was super. HIGHLY recommend the Key Lime Seafood.

1  Thank Nosoupforuoneyr
Reviewed April 2, 2009

Ate there my last night in the keys - awesome food. The meal was great. The waiter was not sure on the wine I was interested in so he found out from the bartender. The service was great. The view is amazing. And everyone outside lucked out and got to see 3-4 dolhpins swimming by about 50 yards out from the deck during the sunset - food, atmosphere - everything - make it one of my favorite places

2  Thank CNYFiremedic