MB at Key Largo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Coconut Palm Inn(Key Largo)
View Hotel
All reviewsdove creek lodgesnappers restaurantrestaurant next doorkey lime tartturtle clublive musicyogurthard boiled eggscontinental breakfasttommy bahamacovered parkingscreened porchone bedroom suitefree kayakshot tubsmall hotelsmall marina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I found Dove Creek Lodge online and was impressed with all the great reviews. We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My wife is happy with a hotel as long as it says "clean" to her when she steps foot in the door of the room, and she was not disappointed. The rooms are clean, up to date/hip, comfortable big king bed, uniquely decorated, bathrooms the same with a Tommy Bahama theme. The property is manicured with many fun things to do including pool, jacuzzi, 3 hammock swings, a small beach, marina with boat slips, free kayak and water bike or paddle boat. Plus there is a good restaurant next door (Snappers) and tiki bar with live entertainment until around 10 pm Thurs-Sat and I believe Sunday afternoon too. Very quiet, there were some young families with kids staying at the hotel while we were there but they were on a different floor. We saw our neighbors a couple of times, never heard them; once in our room we barely heard a noise from outside. Breakfast was thoughtful with a sufficient variety including fresh fruit and other local treats you don't see at the chain hotels. Views east of the bay are engaging and picturesque. Staff, without exception, were genuinely friendly and helpful -- all the staff -- they actually care that you have a pleasant stay and want to come back, which we most assuredly will!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aaron M
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've visited the Keys an awful lot in my 25 years of living in S Fla and this was my first time at Dove Creek. I booked an oceanview king suite one week before Labor Day weekend for one night over the holiday and the rate was quite reasonable. The good rate had me worried about what I'd find because Keys hotels are notoriously overpriced and substandard, in my opinion.

Ann, the lady who checked us in, was personable, helpful and nice. She walked us to our room. Coffee/tea is available in the lobby during office hours (7am-7pm). A fantastic continental breakfast is served in the same lobby.

To my pleasant surprise, the property is beautiful, the amenities are great. The room was spacious with a large sitting area, large flat screen TVs (one in bedroom, one in sitting room) and a screened in patio overlooking the ocean and pool area.
Pool is clean and nice, grounds are very very clean even on this busy weekend.

Paddle boats and kayaks are complimentary and there is great mangrove shoreline close by to explore in them. The beach area (small sandy area with chairs and shaded by mangroves, not really a place to swim) is immaculate, beautiful and peaceful.

Decent restaurants abound nearby. Between that and the amenities on property you really dont have a lot of reason to leave except to see the rest of the area or to shop. BBQ grills are also available on property.

Overall, this was the perfect spot for relaxation in a comfortable atmosphere.

The only nit is that there was a slight odor in the room, as if the carpets were ready for cleaning. But they were in the middle of a deep cleaning project for the whole property and probably didnt get to my room yet. If not for this one issue I'd have rated this property 5 stars because thats what it would be by Keys standards. Unless you're ready to shell out much bigger bucks for Hawks Cay in Marathon or Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada, this place is the best value I can recommend. This would be my first choice for the upper keys

Room Tip: Oceanview overooking pool area was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dive4Blood
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very clean rooms, comfortable beds and awesome location. There is a cat that walk around between Snappers next door and the Dove Creek grounds that is really cute (I named it KeyKey), it especially likes leftover fish and steak from dinner ;). There is a mini fridge in the closet so you can keep drinks cold. The grounds are meticulously kept. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights and it was perfect the whole time. Iggy was so cool! I think he's the jack of all trades for the property but he was really helpful and fun to talk to about the local attractions. The owner Paul was really cool and nice as well. They have kayaks, a tricycle and paddle boards for free. We had a balcony with a perfect view. It was beyond relaxing and nice sitting on the mini beach looking at the water with a full moon and perfect weather (see picture).

Room Tip: If you like to sleep on, choose a room further away from the lobby, breakfast is popular!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hollydolly31
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just confirming what many others have already stated. We stayed here one night after a long day in Everglades and it was a real treat. The property is very well kept and it offers all the amenities one desires. We spent the morning kayaking with our boys. It was very pleasant and tranquil. We even saw a manatee during our kayak and they do come all the way to the docks. What an experience.

The experience was perfect from check in to check out. Since I am a Choice Hotel gold member, I received a free resort hat at check in...thank you again! The breakfast was really awesome and you can sit at the balcony overlooking the waterfront. Definitely try the keylime pie...it's great! I asked for a late check out since I wanted to swim with the boys for a bit before we leave. But they only extended my check out time to 11:30am. So we ended up checking out at 11:30 and let the boys swim at the pool until 3pm while my wife and I relaxed at the hammock. There is a shower at the pool so they used that to rinse off. It was still great.

The room was very clean and spacious. I really love the decor and the screened patio space. WIFI works great.

I would definitely be back again. Next time I will stay for at least 3 nights to truly wind down.

We ate at the Snappers Restaurant adjacent to the hotel. The food was decent and the service was great. The atmosphere is almost perfect with the live music. You get a 10% off coupon from the hotel. We also ate at a local Thai/Sushi restaurant called Num-Thai & Sushi Bar Restaurant. They have really great food and is reasonably priced. It's only a short 20 minute drive away.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HipHipHop
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I love this place! Its situated directly on the waterfront with a gorgeous view. The rooms are spacious, clean and well maintained. The facilities are very good with WiFi, free kayaking, a pool, and a hammock to lounge in. The breakfast is diverse and made up of good quality food. The staff were friendly and efficient. I would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple