“Love the Dove!”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Chicago, IL
“Love the Dove!”
Reviewed April 23, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Dove Creek Lodge for 5 days/4 nights in mid-April. Even before we arrived, I could tell that the decision to stay here was a good one. I had neglected to notice (despite it being written in bold lettering) in my confirmation email that the hotel lobby closes at 9pm. While sitting at a leisurely dinner in Miami, my phone rang at about 8:30pm. It was Dove Creek Lodge wanting to know if I would be there before 9pm, so as to make alternate arrangements for the room keys if my arrival was going to be later. Talk about being proactive! The level of service displayed by the entire staff at DCL was second to none. Gwen (the concierge) was wonderful, as was Jaime (the GM). I highly recommend the Dove Creek Lodge and would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

Stayed April 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta
Reviewed April 18, 2008

Having never actually seen Dove Creek before I relied on my instincts and used the recommendations of Trip Advisor and contacted Jamie at Dove Creek.

From the first "Hello" I knew we had found our place to stay. I just returned back from spending 3 days at Dove Creek. I booked the trip for my company and brought 20 people from all over the country there for a team meeting.

From check in to check out Jamie, Gwen and the rest of the staff (sorry I didn't get to meet everyone) was wonderful. The accomodations were clean, the rooms were great, the view was spectacular.

I would definately come back both for additional team meetings as well as I would most certainly come back and spend personal time at Dove Creek Lodge.

I look forward to my next visit!

• Liked — The staff was wonderful and the rooms were amazing.
  • Disliked — Checking out of the property!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed April 7, 2008

After getting a tip from our travel agent last year, my then fiance and I, booked Dove Creek for our March 28th, 2008 wedding. We made a short trip down there in July of 2007 and were pleasantly surprised. It's off the path, away from the road, and just a hidden gem....it's beautiful, relaxing, and the most helpful and caring people you could ever know work there.

When we arrived for our wedding on March 26th, we knew it would be perfect, and it was. Jamie and Gwen went beyond their call of duty and took on everything they could to make sure everything went smoothly.

Along with our wedding at Dove Creek, we had our wedding dinner, with our 16 guests, at Snappers. They were such a pleasure to work with---Michael, the GM, was absolutely amazing. They made personalized menus for our group, and we couldn't have had better service or food.

After the dinner, we returned to Dove Creek to have our cake cutting and wine toast in the pool area. Jamie and her team had decorated it and set everything out for us so we didn't need to do a thing. It was gorgeous and so nice to come back to an already decorated and ready-to-go area.

I don't know what else to say about Dove Creek other than to say that they are one of a kind. Places like this are hard to find anymore, and I'm so glad we found them. We will be visiting for many years to come.

I would highly recommend Dove Creek for your small wedding, or if you are just wanting somewhere to relax. They are fabulous!!!!!

• Liked — Everything---excellent service, beautiful views, the beds are amazing! Cannot say anything bad about it!
  • Disliked — Nothing! It's all great!
  • Stayed March 2008
1 Thank agreenwell
Reston, VA
Reviewed April 7, 2008

The Dove Creek Lodge, Key Largo, was the perfect destination for our daughter's wedding! The manager, Jamie Esterline, made our event! Jamie was our "on site" wedding coordinator, following up with vendors, making sure of all the details, making suggestions for the event, providing suggestions for vendors, hair stylists, florists, fishing captains, activities, dining, anything and everything we needed to insure a wonderful stay for all 32 people attending the wedding. All our guests stayed at the Dove Creek Lodge. The property is beautiful. The rooms are beautifully decorated and maintained.

We had a very tight budget and therefore created the theme and did as much of the work as possible to create the vision we had for the wedding. We shipped the wedding decorations to the Dove Creek Lodge, even Christine's wedding dress. All were in our room when we arrived and Christine's wedding dress hanging so that the wrinkles could hang out before the wedding, if it had needed pressing that too would have been taken care of. The maid of honor dress needed pressing, Jamie took care of it.

We stayed in Room 402 one of the two large suites. It was perfect for all our family and the assembly of all the decorations and welcome gifts for our guests. Having our own full kitchen and living room along with a lovely screen porch looking out on the Atlantic, meant we could host the Welcome Reception for approx. 15 of the early arrivals, in our suite.

Jamie and her staff worked tirelessly to help set up all the decorations, polish rented plates, glasses and flatware, raking the sand to perfection, setting up the ceremony and reception areas including more palm fronds on the tiki bar, setting up chairs, tables etc. I had no idea so much went into set up when you don't just have the catering company "do it all for you". I know now and am forever thankful for the DCL Staff and most especially Jamie.

Jamie's staff also insured that the event went well, going the extra mile for us. When the rental company delivered the tables etc. for the reception, all needed repairs, Jamie's staff went to work repairing and setting up the tables. We were not told about any issues until after the wedding. They just took care of it.

We look forward to returning to the Dove Creek Lodge for many years. The memories we have created there will last forever...all good memories.

We will add photos to our review as soon as we have them.

• Liked — Perfect location, perfect accommodations and perfect staff
  • Disliked — NOTHING...ok, that we couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank SchonGross
Miami
Reviewed March 23, 2008

My husband and I wanted to get away for a couple of days and I came across this hotel through a search. I called directly and spoke with Gwen who is the nicest person you will meet. She answered all my questions and I was booked in minutes. She also booked a half day charter with Black Foot Fishing and the only thing i regret is I only booked it for a half day!! It was great, Mike who was our guide was just great, and we are planniing another charter with him in the next couple of months. We caught a couple of fish and took it over to Snappers which is next door and oh do they know how to cook fish!! I recommend the blackend style, it was great!!. We did go in the pool and hot tub which was in a beautiful courtyard with a gazeboo and hammocks. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff was so nice and welcoming. We stayed in a Lodge room and it was clean and had everything we needed including a small fridge and freezer just in case you do get fish.

• Liked — the balcony and ocean view
  • Disliked — air conditioner made a funny noise
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 4, 2008

Beautiful property and great stay! Gwen set us up with a great dive company and a great offshore charter for tuna and dolphin with Capt. John, even had lunches made for us to take along!

Highly recommend a visit.

A great place for a nice seafood dinner is Lazy Days in Islamorada just down from World Wide Sportsman, just plan on leaving with a doggy bag. Great food with large portions.

Stayed March 2008
Wisconsin
Reviewed February 26, 2008

This is a 4 star hotel with a 6 star staff. The lodge is beautifully decorated, clean and very comfortable. The staff goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome. They help with any plans and advice,(including coupons for local attractions and ice cold bottled water for the road). My husband and I enjoyed our stay and the pool! We will be staying there again very soon.

• Liked — the location and the sunrise
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple