“Great Local Restaurant, Tasty Food!”
Review of Mrs. Mac's Kitchen

Mrs. Mac's Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 143 Restaurants in Key Largo
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

While staying at Key Largo my family and I went to Mrs. Mac's as we'd heard nothing but good things about it. The restaurant surely did not disappoint! It was our anniversary and we wanted a nice meal in the Keys. The tuna steaks were fresh and well seasoned, my son's fried fish he raved about, and my husband said his jerk chicken was the best he'd ever had. The sauce on the chicken was so good that we bought a jar for home.

Filled with lots of locals, the wait staff did a marvelous job of keeping glasses full and remaining attentive to guests.

When you go make sure to have a slice of Key Lime pie or a key lime freeze. You won't be disappointed! !

Write a ReviewReviews (6,102)

Reviewed July 25, 2014

What a wonderful welcoming place! We were on holiday from New Zealand, on our way to Key West, I was feeling a little bit homesick, and we walked in and got such a wonderful welcome, it made me feel right at home. There was a lot of choice on the menu, I had the "caribbean style crab cakes" which came with slaw and cottage fries they were great!

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I was not impressed at all. Staff down right rude and just acted like it was a inconvenience. Too busy talking with locals. Don't care about the tourist. And food was cold and not good at all. Do not suggest it to anyone.

2  Thank vschandel
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Ate here for breakfast while on vacation. Very good food, but perhaps not excellent. Service was friendly and attentive. Most memorable was the hash-brown casserole side, which my family of four all enjoyed immensely.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you don't have a reservation, sit at the bar. This place has a tiny kitchen that cranks out the food. Poetry in motion watching the bartender and servers navigate the kitchen/bar. Seafood good and cheap but not grilled on coals. Mostly fried stuff-grill comes off a griddle, not the coals/flame. Still very good. Excellent Key Lime Pie too. $30/pp with 2 beers and 1 spilt dessert.