“Good food and outdoor dinning”

The Buzzard's Roost
Ranked #7 of 143 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are 1 block off U.S.1 ocean side, (left going south) at the end of North Point Dr. Or you can take Garden Cove Dr. We are a very cute/nice restaurant that offers a large menu to suit any palate. We serve only quality food that is a cut above a lot of other places you could choose. Google us, I think you will enjoy stopping in and dining with us.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

At first appearance, the place seemed a little old and dated with large families and seniors dinning. We requested an outside seating and were obliged with a nice canal view table. The food was very good to excellent and fairly priced. I would recommend going on a day when the weather is nice and outside seating is available.

1  Thank Lanetk

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Professional, polite staff, delicious breakfast and a beautiful restaurant, what more could you ask for??? Loved it!!

1  Thank Cookie-Apple
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We ate outside at the Buzzard's Roost because they had a nice tent that actually shaded the tables well which is important when you've been out in the sun all day and want to enjoy the beautfiul outdoors but get out of the sun. The view was quite pleasant of the canal and trees and houses. A pelican hung out nearby. The waitress was friendly and attentive. The food was quite good. I'd never had Florida lobster but tried it at my waitress's recommendaiton, and I was very happy with the meal. The milkshakes were tasty-- my son loved his. We ordered three types of seafood and all enjoyed out dinners. The chairs were more comfortable than most outdoor chairs. There's a lot of grade inflation on Tripadvisor sometimes, but out of the 3 Key Largo restuarants and one Key West one that I'm reviewing, this is the only one I'm giving 5 stars. It was a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had lunch here yesterday at the Buzzards Roost. The resturaunt is on the water facing more or less towards the east so no sunset dinners here but the food was excellent and the waitress was very helpful. We sat in a screened in porch overlooking the water. A very laid back atmosphere but not run down or shoddy like some places described as laid back.
I had the Cerviche was was fresh and abundant for 12.99. More than enough to make a meal of it. They also had Yingling on tap which is a plus in my book.
I will return and would not hesitate to reccomend it to anyone else

Reviewed March 16, 2014

what a great place! nice setting. try to make a reservation so you can sit in the outside area. the screened in porch area is also very nice. pleasant bar area.
the food is spectacular. the mahi soft tacos are wonderful. if they offer the horseradish encrusted hogfish sandwich, it is a must. cooked just right and very tasty.the rice and bean side is unusually good. even if you feel like you can't eat another thing, don't leave without having the coconut cake. warm, moist and out of this world.
the service (tiffany s.) was very pleasant and attentive.
prices very fair.