“Nice atmosphere, good food, outstanding hostess”

The Buzzard's Roost
Ranked #7 of 143 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are 1 block off U.S.1 ocean side, (left going south) at the end of North Point Dr. Or you can take Garden Cove Dr. We are a very cute/nice restaurant that offers a large menu to suit any palate. We serve only quality food that is a cut above a lot of other places you could choose. Google us, I think you will enjoy stopping in and dining with us.
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We enjoyed our lunch on the patio here. All 3 of our lunches were very good, prices reasonable, our service was quick & good & the hostess was very friendly & made us feel quite welcome to be there. Kudos to her. We will return next time we are in the area..

oceans2010, Owner at The Buzzard's Roost, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you so much for coming our way and stopping by. I am so happy you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you again..

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We found this great out of the spot on travel adviser. Wow. We had a great lunch of eggs Benedict with complimentary mimosas outside looking at the boats and picturesque canal. After a disappointing stop for dinner at another restaurant (the fish house-a culinary rip off) we returned for an evening meal. Lobster bisque and ceviche were perfect. Service at both meals was right on. Atmosphere was so nice. Highly recommended.

Glad you stopped in for brunch, it is a good one...and thanks for coming again and giving us a very nice review. We really appreciate you and your business.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I am staying in the neighborhood and I have been to the restaurant for lunch or dinner 7 times in the last 3 weeks. While the waitstaff and bartenders are generally very helpful, the general manager is responsible for:

- old soft shrimp with ammonia smell being served
- disregard for diners while texting during his lunch
- long wait times
- arrogant indifference to his employees and customers requests
- poor management or inventory control (menu items frequently not available)

He either doesn't understand the restaurant business or doesn't care. He detracts from what otherwise might be a very pleasant experience.

oceans2010, Owner at The Buzzard's Roost, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Glad you came in 7 times but really confused about your review. First, I the owner am the General Mgr., and Second, the person that you may be speaking of runs our marina and not our restaurant.
We have a board that displays items that we may be out of and I am in constant communication with our kitchen and prep room to make sure we have our orders done correctly. Since our kitchen has been with us since we opened 15 years ago, they don't need much reminding, they have it down.
On our really busy days we might run out of something, just to be expected sometimes. As for the shrimp being soft and smelling like ammonia, we have never, ever heard of that one. Our kitchen certainly doesn't put ammonia on anything, we don't even use ammonia for cleaning, I am really confused about that one. We have some of the highest standards for our products and spend more than most restaurants, making our food cost a little higher, I will not scarfice quality. We buy fresh everything and when it comes to our fish, it comes in daily from the same fisherman and fisheries that everyone else in Key Largo and beyond gets there product from. The health inspectors are always stopping in unexpected and we get really clean reports .
Maybe, since you are in the neighborhood you could stop by ask for the owner and we could talk about your concerns. I will do my best to fix something if it is broken. After 7 visits, we must do something right..Thank you for coming so often.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have bicycled down the Keys the past two years. Last year we found this place through Trip Advisor and loved it so we sought it out again yesterday. We were not disappointed! The setting at the end of a boat filled canal is pleasant, the wait staff super attentive and the food great to say nothing of how good that cold draft beer tasted after riding 35 miles.
We had the smoked fish appetizer and Greek salads.

Thank you for finding us again. I too am in love with our Greek Salad and of course I might just be a little partial, but our smoked fish dip is always raved about and it is really good. When I can't find anything on our large menu ( I am a daily visitor) after I take a break and need that bite to eat, I always opt for the Greek Salad. Again, we thank you and glad you stopped in!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I started with the conch fritters, then my father had a seafood basket and I had the fish tacos. ALL AMAZING! Especially the conch fritters! We sat there for drink for hours and no one bothered us. We were very happy about that. I'll be back.

Thank you for coming down from the beach. It is always nice to see our neighbors and have you visit us. We are glad you picked us on your visit and happy you had a great time. Hope to see you again soon.